Moving out of brooder

Cll0711

In the Brooder
Apr 14, 2021
Hello - we currently have nine 1.5 week old Buff Orpingtons in a brooder box/storage bin which is about 6 sq feet. We live in SW GA and outdoor temperatures for the next 2 weeks will be lows around 50 with highs in the upper 70’s. I understand they will soon (and possibly already have) outgrow their brooder. Are these temperatures warm enough to move them into a 24 sq foot coop next week? We would plan to keep them enclosed in the coop for another week or so until the run is complete. I can put a heating plate in the coop if needed. Any advice appreciated!

Hello - we currently have nine 1.5 week old Buff Orpingtons in a brooder box/storage bin which is about 6 sq feet. We live in SW GA and outdoor temperatures for the next 2 weeks will be lows around 50 with highs in the upper 70’s. I understand they will soon (and possibly already have) outgrow their brooder. Are these temperatures warm enough to move them into a 24 sq foot coop next week? We would plan to keep them enclosed in the coop for another week or so until the run is complete. I can put a heating plate in the coop if needed. Any advice appreciated!
I would put them in the coop with the brooder plate now. They'll do much better out there with the fresh air.

Back
Top Bottom