moving pigeons and pigeon sqaubs] update 2 of pigeon sqaubs

Chirping
6 Years
Feb 1, 2013
hello everyone just a update on baby squabs, the squabs are 4 days old and are growing pretty well. I have not seen the adults feed the baby's but they are eating. They are close to the same size and you can start to tell the colour by there skin.

Moving pigeons and pigeon squabs.

In about 1 week and 2 days I am planning on renovation the pigeon shed and putting a lot of pigeon boxes. I need to move the squabs and the parent pigeons in the shed. I can keep them in the nest and it will not be damaged in any way at all. I will just move them into a large cage and the squabs can be perfectly safe in the nest. the parents will go right in with them. I also worked out by this time that the squabs would be starting to be left alone. and the parents would only feed them. They will be in the cage for 6 hours tops.
they are great parents and the days should be pretty warm. the sqaubs would be around 13 14 days old. I don't want to wait to long because they will have eggs again and I want them to have the boxes this time so it is more stable and cool.
They are going to love the reno.

Please answer and thanks

New update coming soon

Just a heads up. I cleaned a nest area for these squabs and their parents (my best homers) abandoned the nest it was in February 2012. The squabs perished from the cold the very next day after this picture was taken.

I know, your story has stuck in my mind but how old were they, the squabs they and what was the temp out side. Do you remember and could you tell me

I think they were around 10 days old. It was well below freezing February Canada! (Indian name for cold). Just watch them closely and make sure their crops are full. Temperature should not be a factor for you this time of year. At worst you may have to hand feed but I doubt it. I hate to see you loose your squabs. You kick yourself afterwards as I still do.

Last edited:
I will make sure mine stay together and they will be over 13 days. I promise.

what do you mean by crops

Back
Top Bottom