Moving the chicks outside, question.

ChickChickHorray

Chirping
Mar 3, 2018
West Tn, Zone 7
Hi everyone! So, we started our first flock this year, the chicks all did really well and are getting ready to move out into their newly finished coop and run. Here in Memphis, the heat index reaches up to 100. Any advice for transferring chicks from the brooder to the the run without any heat stress? The run has shade from trees and a tarp we draped over it for additional shade, but does anyone have any additional tips they’d like to share with this newbie? Thank you!

I mounted a fan in my coop to circulate the air a little bit. It’s about the same temperature here in Austin, Texas and super humid too. I also add ice to their water sometimes and make sure there are plenty of water containers available.
Good luck with your chicks!

I mounted a fan in my coop to circulate the air a little bit. It’s about the same temperature here in Austin, Texas and super humid too. I also add ice to their water sometimes and make sure there are plenty of water containers available.
Good luck with your chicks!
Thanks, we may need to get them a fan! I’ve heard of people giving their chickens ice cubs and even ice cubs with mint and other treats inside, so we’ll probably do that too, thank you!

Back
Top Bottom