moving the tarp!

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by deChickyHen, Oct 18, 2011.

1. deChickyHen

deChickyHen Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 12, 2011
    Ok so for the past few days , well wait let me start at the begining, my DH was working in the yard and a peice of plastic tarp fell in the chicken run.... I didn't get the chance to pick it up right away... the next day after I let the flock out and picked up the tarp, MY CHICKENS WENT CRAZY... there was every kinda bug under there.... so they enjoyed themselves so much... I decided to try it again and layed the tarp flat and picked it up in the morning after... them CHICKENS WENT NUTTZZZ.... LOL... I have been doing it everyday, moving the tarp to a different spot everytime... I mean it is worms , crickets, beatles under there.... now when I let them out in the morning they run strait to the tarp.... just waiting for me to move it... I love seeing them charge that tarp ... lol.. actually made some friends out of it.. My RIRs was really scary at first.. but they are running right up to me now letting me pick them up in everything.... LOVE THE TARP LOL!!!

Last edited: Oct 18, 2011
  2. greenegglover

greenegglover Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 14, 2009
    Indiana
    [​IMG]

3. teach1rusl

teach1rusl Love My Chickens

I thought this post was going to be about using a tarp as a windblock...LOL!! Treats (bugs included) always win over resisting chickens!

4. LiLRedCV

LiLRedCV Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2010
    Land of the Rain
    Sounds like you've found a great way to supplement your flock! Bugs are looking for a safe haven and warm place to hold up with the upcoming inclement weather. And for you, what an awesome way to utilize natural bug control!

5. deChickyHen

Sep 12, 2011
    Quote:Thanks

6. mamahen2011

mamahen2011 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2011
    Michigan
    Awwwww. We need a video! [​IMG]

7. BCchick

BCchick Out Of The Brooder

Sep 3, 2011
    That's hilarious! I agree, we need to see a video! [​IMG]

8. deChickyHen

Sep 12, 2011
    Quote:I have pics and videos, but for some reason i catch heck uploading to the site

9. bloom_ss

bloom_ss Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 23, 2011
    Spokane Valley, WA
    I do this for my chickens also, but my thing is a big plastic bag full of leaves. [​IMG] The just love it when I move the bag and they can get to all the goodies underneath! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by