Moving to Hampton Roads area in Virginia

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by GerryW, May 21, 2016.

1. GerryW

GerryW New Egg

May 21, 2016
    We are moving to the Hampton Roads area this summer and hope to have some backyard chickens. Looking forward to learning and enjoying the adventure.

2. Yorkshire Coop

Yorkshire Coop Moderator Staff Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop
    Hi :welcome

Glad you could join the flock! You sure have come to the right place for all the learning! Have you checked out the learning centre? Lots of great articles there that will help you get your new chicken adventures underway. Here is the link ~ https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center

Wishing you the very best of luck with your move and getting a flock. Enjoy BYC and all the chicken chat :frow

3. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi and welcome to BYC and good luck with your forthcoming chicken-keeping adventure.

All the best
    CT

4. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    It would be a good idea to post on the Virginia thread now, and get some feed back from the locals regarding what breeds do best in the climate, what type of coops etc. Where the best feed stores are and possibly any avian vets if there are any. Have you confirmed ahead of time, if chickens are allowed in your new area? Best to know now, than be panicked later.

5. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by