Moving to the country! WARNING: CRAZY GIRL TALKS TO CHICKENS!!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Fussy8, Jan 21, 2012.

1. Fussy8

Fussy8 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2011
    Utah
    Well the day has come to pack the coop up and get out of the city where my roo can crow and not be criticized! We have found a house on an acre of land in Eden Utah!!!!! My chickens hate the half made coop (so do i! Don't get me wrong i love my coop but we need a REAL one!!!)!!! We will be moving in a couple weeks to 30 days!!! this house has a bad flooding problem outside when it rains but it has more ups than downs!!!! SOOOOOO my flock of ten will be living in the garage in a dog run ( [​IMG] [​IMG]) with a roost till this cruddy weather dies down and beautiful spring explodes on our acre! I am so scared to move to a new school with new people but i guess it will be OK!! I told our flock that we were moving and my rooster snuggled up against my leg and my hens began to dance!! HAHAHAHAHAH!!! I LOVE CHICKENS!!! [​IMG]

2. deChickyHen

deChickyHen Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 12, 2011
    I am happy for you.... congrats on the new place!!!

3. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    [​IMG]Hope every thing works well for you!

Ps: I talk to chickens, too.

[​IMG]

4. Fussy8

Fussy8 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2011
    Utah
    thank you both!!!! I am soooooo glad i am not alone with the whole talking to chickens thing....!! [​IMG]

5. crazyhen

crazyhen Overrun With Chickens

Aug 26, 2008
    mtns of ,NC.
    Doesn't everyone talk to their chickens???? Enjoy your new home. Gloria Jean[​IMG]

6. Crabella

Crabella Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 22, 2010
    Inland Pacific NW
    I'm pretty sure that this is one place where people who talk to their chickens are considered "normal", whatever the heck that is. Hope you enjoy country living as much as I do!

7. Alexia

Alexia Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 23, 2011
    Southern California
    What???? There are people that DON't talk to their chickens???????

8. TheSpiceGirls

TheSpiceGirls Overrun With Chickens

Oct 6, 2010
    Bay Area, CA
    Not only do I talk to my chickens, my Jersey Giant talks back! She's very chatty and we have long conversations when I'm out gardening. If I disappear from her sight, she'll call to me. I'll call out to her and she'll come running to find me. It's really sweet.

9. mlm Mike

mlm Mike Sunna and Mani Premium Member

Aug 14, 2010
    Hardy Township, OH
    That was my first thought. I always thank the for the eggs, and threaten production meetings. Good luck with your move.

10. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

Congrats to you! Enjoy your new place. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by