Moving to Yuma, AZ

9d84runner

Songster
6 Years
Jul 20, 2016
Yuma, AZ
We will be moving from lovely San Diego, CA to Yuma, AZ in a couple of months. I have a couple questions that I cannot seem to get straight answers.

We will be scouting out houses next weekend but I was wondering what area's are considered more farm landish? I would like to go somewhere where chickens are basically welcomed and neighbors will not be a problem. I just don't know which area's to look.

Will there be a problem bringing California chickens into Arizona?

The heat... I've read on here people freeze ice blocks for them and set up mister systems and lots of water and shade. Anything else?

Hello! Not in Yuma but over by Phoenix. Just getting our setup done and using shade cloth, mister system and will probably use frozen gallon jugs when the heat picks up.

Unfortunately I don’t know anything about the Yuma area or neighborhoods. Maybe try the state thread and ask there?

Thanks! I've read a lot on that thread. Seemed dead so I wasn't sure if I should try and post to it. I will try. I have about 2 months to get all the info I can. I'm trying to avoid giving away my girls.

EDIT: Nevermind, I was looking at the wrong date. I thought nobody has said anything since March 2017 but that is when the last person who posted joined. Hehe!

You'd have to check with the AZ state agriculture to find the requirements for bring chickens into the state.

Back
Top Bottom