1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Moving With Chickens

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by FluffyFlockLove, Nov 7, 2016.

1. FluffyFlockLove

FluffyFlockLove Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 22, 2016
    Hedley British Columbia
    Hello Everyone,
    I am not sure where to post this so I thought I would post it here. I am moving across Canada in the next year or two, and I want to take my small flock of birds with me. I was wondering how everyone shipped there birds or moved with them before? I have about 4 - 8 birds which includes two bonded roosters. Any suggestions or tips would be useful. Thank you.

2. chickens really

chickens really Overrun With Chickens

I hauled 9 Cockerels from the Edmonton,Alta area to a small town out of Prince Albert, Sask....Crates are great.....I would water them and feed when we stopped for gas....It was about a 7 hour drive.....They were great.....

Cheers!

3. Folly's place

Folly's place Overrun With Chickens

Sep 13, 2011
    southern Michigan
    Big dog crates, with bedding, work fine. Water when you stop on the way. There may be regulations for moving poultry from one province to another; find out in plenty of time to be in compliance! As you know, chickens don't handle heat well, so be ready to deal with weather on your trip. Mary

4. FluffyFlockLove

FluffyFlockLove Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 22, 2016
    Hedley British Columbia
    We will be doing a 3 day trip

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by