1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Moving!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by flyingmonkeypoop, Jan 13, 2009.

1. flyingmonkeypoop

flyingmonkeypoop Overrun With Chickens

Apr 30, 2007
    Deer Park Washington
    Well all my BYC buddies, I am not sure if I will be on as much pretty soon. I am going to move to Spokane and will be in the city limits so that means only 3 poultry. I am moving in with my brother and he said no chickens so I am going to get some layer ducks. I am moving because there are no jobs here in my little town, I call all the stores and food places daily and ask if they are hiring and they never are. I will try to get on as much as I can but I dont know if I will be able to pick up internet or not. One thing is for sure and that is that I will some day have many many birds, lol.

2. DuckLady

DuckLady Administrator Staff Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Washington State
    Well, you wil be farther away from Ione, but it sounds like a good move for now for you!

3. Athena

Athena Chillin' With My Peeps

FMP....

Good Luck in your move and in your future endeavors...

I hope your back with our feathered friends soon...

4. gumpsgirl

gumpsgirl Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    Best of luck to you in your new adventures! [​IMG]

5. flyingmonkeypoop

Apr 30, 2007
    Deer Park Washington
    Thanks all. I wonder if I could get away with some button quail, they are tiny and I could keep them in a cage inside...my friend was saying that they dont think I will be able to make it with just 3 birds, lol.

6. GPN

GPN Got Pheasants? Nessia

Aug 6, 2008
    Snead, Alabama
    Best of LUCK!! Sorry about all your animals!! They were fun right!!
    GPN
    [​IMG]

7. flyingmonkeypoop

Apr 30, 2007
    Deer Park Washington
    It is suprising how fast the pheasants are selling! I listed the extra males yesterday and today for $20 each and they basically sold within 5 minutes of listing. I had a guy come out and want just a reeves male so I told him $50 and he didnt even hesitate. Then I listed my breeder groups for higher prices ($60 for a pair of goldens, $75 for trios of silvers) and people want them. When I got them this summer I paid $12.50 each for them. I have seen lots of pheasants for sale elsewhere that havent sold for $10 and I am suprised at how fast people are buying them. I basically have 2 trios of silvers and a pair of chiloe widgeons left before all my birds are sold.
    I have enjoyed every minute I have had with them. I love listening to them and watching them move. I figure when I want to get back into them they are all pretty common so I should be able to get them when I am back in the country.

8. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    Good luck to you hun, it's part of growing up you know. We have to leave things behind we love but we always get back to them one way or another.

9. flyingmonkeypoop

Apr 30, 2007
    Deer Park Washington
    I know. An advantage is that I wont be spending $$$ on lots of feed for 40+ birds. And I can save money by not having to pay rent like I do right now.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by