MP: had a feeling.... HOPE NOBODY WAS TRULY OFFENDED

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Chicabee19, Sep 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chicabee19

Chicabee19 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 8, 2008
    n/a
    n/a

Last edited: Sep 5, 2008
  2. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

I was NOT offended at all! In fact some of those posts had me rolling on the floor. Why would the thread get deleted??

3. Chicabee19

Chicabee19 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 8, 2008
    n/a
    n/a

Last edited: Sep 5, 2008
  4. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    yup people took offense to it..and when they asked it to stop..people just kept it up....so..[​IMG]..yes..it was very rude in some aspects..AND also funny in others...but..the bottom line is...when i was laughing with you it was okay...because it was about ME...but alot of the other stuff about people(even though nobody was brave enough to actually say "anyones" name..)..was rude and disrespectful...it was picking on others..but..people were to cowardly to say WHO exactly they were picking on..a very childish form of bullying..in my opinion....AND..i hope it drops soon..cause this one will get closed down also....Wendy

5. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    also..chicabee..you say it was all fun..but..you were the one pecking..do you see the differance???..also...i have no hard feelings(honestly)..towards people..(dont care if they do to me)...i KNOW it started with good intentions..but somewhere along the way..,,they lost them....Wendy

6. coffeemama

coffeemama Barista Queen

Mar 5, 2008
    Oregono
    I'm not sure what thread it was...maybe the fruit one. I hope I didn't say anything to offend :|

7. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

I think they're talking about the pet peeve one.

8. tiki244

tiki244 Flock Mistress

Jan 1, 2008
    WestCentralWisconsin
    I didn't read the whole thing, but when I responded to stick up for people from a different point of view, I was ignored. I thought that was more offensive than anything to me.

Other wise, I guess it was kinda funny, maybe. [​IMG] Well I never asked for it to be shut down though. I guess I have been making a few comments today about watching how I type. [​IMG] Which is a real pain.

9. coffeemama

coffeemama Barista Queen

Mar 5, 2008
    Oregono
    Oh that thread-got it!

10. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

I cannot believe this. Good grief. I'd bet money no one had anyone in particular on BYC in mind when they added their 2 cents worth. You'd think everyone was insulting handicapped/challenged people or torturing animals for all the upset this seems to have caused to some members. It was all in fun and you know everyone has pet peeves. If it seems like the peeve is YOU in particular, then maybe someone needs to get thicker skin. This is just the internet, folks, not real life. No one needed to be "stuck up for", IMO, because no one was a target. Everyone was talking in generalities. If you thought you were being singled out, maybe you need to rethink that and reassess why you were so sensitive. Believe me, I have in particular been called names and insulted openly in this forum and you know what? It just makes whoever did it look like a stupid horse's rear (no intended insult to the equine community). So, that's MY rant for the day before this thread disappears. And this once and for all puts to rest the rumor that speckledhen is a nice person. [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by