MPC Chicks are here!!!! *Updated Pics on Page 3*

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by donnap1967, Jul 16, 2008.

1. donnap1967

donnap1967 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 15, 2008
    Northern NJ
    My order shipped on Monday and I had them by Tuesday. I am very impressed they came so quickly and I am relieved as well. We were expecting temps in the 90s for today so I am glad they were already happy in their brooder.
    They all arrived alive and chirping. They are so adorable I can't stop looking at them!!! I have four silkies that are four weeks old now and they look so small to me, until I got these new babies that is. Man are they tiny. You forget over four weeks how tiny the new babies are.
    So here are the promised pics....

This is the Barred Rock girl. What a little character she is already. When I stick my hand in the box she comes running over to it at top speed to peck at my hand.
    [​IMG]

Here is my Australorp girl...already trying to establish her position in the pecking order and being bossy in general lol.
    [​IMG]

This is my Easter Egger female. I can already tell that this little girl is going to be an absolute sweetheart. Poor baby got scared to death when the flash went off on the camera in the first picture. I felt so bad [​IMG] but when I looked at the picture I knew I had to share it.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This is the Golden Laced Wyandotte female. A little bit of a crybaby lol, but already has such pretty coloring.
    [​IMG]

And the little, shy Silver Laced Wyandotte:
    [​IMG]

At last but certainly not least...my little, bitty, quiet and shy Buff Laced Polish:
    [​IMG]

I am positively in heaven with these little munchkins. I let them be on Tuesday to de-stress and get some rest, today I only disturbed them for quick pictures and a check for pastey butt, tomorrow I can't wait to hold them a little more!

Last edited: Jul 24, 2008
  2. PotterWatch

PotterWatch My Patronus is a Chicken

Apr 22, 2008
    Virginia
    I love that one of the EE! She looks like she's trying to back up as fast as she can!

3. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Hangin Wit My Peeps AutumnBreezeChickens.com

Apr 20, 2008
    Birnamwood, Wisconsin
    Aww all so adorable!

4. Karlachix

Karlachix Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2008
    NorthEast
    I ordered from MPC and was very happy as well. Mine are so BIG now!

They look so CUTE!!! I don't think I've ever seen anything as funny as a scared baby chick, I'm glad you shared it.

5. TexasJoe

TexasJoe Taking a break

Mar 3, 2008
    Australorps won't back down from anything. MY JCxRs (which are same age, but atleast 3-4 times the weight and size) will quickly back down from a starting contest...the little australorp will stretch his neck up as high as it goes to try and intimidate the other birds [​IMG]

6. lovemyflock

lovemyflock Out Of The Brooder

Apr 23, 2008
    Maryland
    So cute, I love them! Alot of the same breeds as I ordered from MPC [​IMG]

7. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    How wonderful that they can send so few birds and they still arrive so healthy and beautiful.

8. bluie

bluie Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 18, 2007
    Sooooo cute! I hope to get mine next week on Tuesday or Wednesday. Many of same breeds too. How many extras did you get?

9. Acre of Blessings

Acre of Blessings Canning/Sewing Addict

Apr 3, 2008
    Axton, VA
    cute:p

10. Hooterville

Hooterville Chillin' With My Peeps

How long ago did you place your order? I can't seem to find any that still have chicks available--all sold out!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by