MPC chicks came today! 2 "rare breed" identification? LOTS of pics

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by suliah, Mar 24, 2015.

1. suliah

suliah Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 8, 2014
    Muskegon, MI
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I *think* this (above) is 2 EE's, and the last one is a mystery chick... guesses?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    I'm pretty sure these are my 2 delawares, and the third is my last EE? agree?
    [​IMG]
    2 blue cochins, Holy feathered feet on these guys!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    These 3 girls ALL have lightly feathered feet... SO one of them must be a mystery chick. 2 are the blue copper Marans (hen and roo) and the last is ? I'm pretty sure the one below is the unknown, but I'm wondering if they threw in a third Marans as my mystery chick! That would rock :)

[​IMG]
    Marans? lightly feathered legs

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And these last 4 do not have feathered legs. I think they are my barred rocks and Olive Egger chicks! I don't know which are which though, so tips would be helpful!

Thanks in advance!!!

2. Kelsie2290

Kelsie2290 True BYC Addict Premium Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Ohio
    The one mystery chick with the 2 EEs might be an Egyptian Fayoumi with the extra feather legged chick they usually do add an extra chick or two of something you have ordered so would guess it is an extra Marans... if it is an extra Mystery chick it could also be a Langshan. Of the four clean legged chicks, the light one looks like something else, and the darkest one also... think you'll have to wait until they are adults to figure a lot of them out for sure!

3. suliah

suliah Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 8, 2014
    Muskegon, MI
    OMG now that I've looked up pics of the Fayoumi chick that is totally what she is! Naturally resistant to Marek's, awesome! flyers? BAD! Lol guess I'm working on a better fence this summer...

4. Wyandottes7

Wyandottes7 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    I agree.

5. BantamLover21

BantamLover21 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    x2

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by