MPC choice from 25 hen pack

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Czech's_chicks, Sep 22, 2011.

1. Czech's_chicks

Czech's_chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 24, 2011
    Vista, CA
    These two ladies are part of the hatchery choice 25 hen pack I got as day-olds - what the heck are they? They are small and stream-lined like leghorns.

[​IMG]

2. NYRIR

NYRIR Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2010
    Petersburg,NY
    Czech's_chicks :

These two ladies are part of the hatchery choice 25 hen pack I got as day-olds - what the heck are they? They are small and stream-lined like leghorns.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/101155_black_white_hens.jpg

Can you make the pic bigger? They look like Appenzellars from what i can see... do they kinda look like this?

[​IMG]

Or are they bantams? I have a Silver Sebright that looks like this one below,except of course,silver instead of gold...

[​IMG]

3. Czech's_chicks

Jul 24, 2011
    Vista, CA
    They don't have the fro thing,and way more black. I posted a good picture last night, but prior to and since then they are all coming out small [​IMG]

4. NellaBean

NellaBean Graceland Farms

Mar 4, 2009
    Broodyland, TN
    My Coop
    Silver Spangled hamburgs?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 22, 2011
  5. NYRIR

NYRIR Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2010
    Petersburg,NY
    Quote:Wow...that looks closer to them....maybe that's what they are...the pic is too small for me to tell, but yours looks like them to me!

6. turtlebird

turtlebird Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 11, 2009
    They look like hamburgs....what was posted above is a rooster. They are small and streamlined, like leghorns. They lay a small white egg. I received a SS hamburg roo as my free exotic. He is rather flighty and doesn't particularly like to be around me (TOTALLY fine with me - he can just go away while I am working in the coop and run). Beautiful to look at. What other breeds did you get the in the hen pack? Lots of variety?
    Nella, that's a bee-U-tiful bird [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 22, 2011
  7. stoopid

stoopid Chicken Fairy Godmother

Aug 3, 2011
    Long Island, NY
    I got the MPC special, I got an Ancona.

8. Czech's_chicks

Jul 24, 2011
    Vista, CA
    Quote:I got Austrolorp, some of the reddish-white meat birds, EE, these ladies, and one that I think may be a favorell (sp?), 2 cornish, 3 leghorn

9. Czech's_chicks

Jul 24, 2011
    Vista, CA
    THANK YOU NELLABEAN! I think thatiswhat they are! It was a unanimous YES when the family looked at the roo! Thank you!

10. stephanie1992

stephanie1992 Chillin' With My Peeps

could they be EXCHEQUER leghorns? do they look like this?i got her in my 25 pullet pack from MPC.

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by