MPC live chick ratio

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Cha Cha Chicken, Jul 3, 2011.

1. Cha Cha Chicken

Cha Cha Chicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 5, 2010
    I just ordered some chicks from MPC (my pet chicken) that should arrive around sept 13. anyone have experience with My pet chicken? did all of your chicks survive the shipment? any information is appreciated!

2. audrey02026

audrey02026 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2011
    Dedham, Ma
    I just received 4 chicks from MPC 6 days ago and they r doing great. No Pasty but or anything....perfect little fluff balls.

3. chicken delighted

chicken delighted Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2011
    mesick,michigan
    i have gotton 2 orders and and on my third order
    these chicks are wonderful my hens are freindly and just plain wonderfull birds. i really have never hand such wonderful chickens before. they arrive healthly and safe
    i had one gone in the box the people where friendly and compassinate about it
    hope you have a wonderful experiance [​IMG]

4. Hummingbird Hollow

Hummingbird Hollow Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2011
    Colorado mountains
    I received eight chicks from MPC 2 1/2 weeks ago. All were fine on arrival although I had pasty butt issues with two of them during their first week. All are thriving at this time.

I do think it helped that I had my post office on standby and a backup (my mom who lives next-door) in case they arrived on a day where I had commitments. The Postmaster arrived at 7:30AM on the day the chicks arrived and had my mom on the phone at 7:33. Mom hopped in the car in her housecoat and was there to pick them up less than 10 minutes later so they didn't have any extra waiting time before they had food and water.

5. lilchicklover

lilchicklover Out Of The Brooder

Apr 16, 2011
    I got 7 chicks from MPC 6 days ago also and they all got here safe and sound I am dealing with 2 cases of pasty butt now but other than that they are healthy little fuzziest

6. N&MSchroeder

N&MSchroeder Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2011
    SE Idaho
    I have ordered twice from MPC with 0 losses. Very happy with my chickens who are at the point of lay! So happy, I had to place another order for the 18th of this month! [​IMG] This company is great!

7. pjknust

pjknust Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2011
    Texas
    I got 7 Buff Orp Pullets in May, they will be 7 wk old tomr. All are doing great!! I plan to order again for Sept when its cooler. I like that you can order as little as 7 chicks, but the shipping is expensive, but I guess worth it, rather than having too many chicks for my backyard.

8. TheSheriffswife

TheSheriffswife Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2011
    Baldwinsville NY
    Quote:Hi..I ordered 6 this past March and they arrived all were very tiny and runts..and they sent no heat pack in the box and I lost one after another over several days It was heartbreaking..and one I fought like hell to save for weeks..I made a little ICU she is a little Wellie that is alive and well today because she was a little fighter..and 1 Australorp survived the rest died..UGH..I just seemed to have had bad experience with them. But again, that was March and it is warmer now so I hope your babies will be fine..They also all had pasty butt of course which I took care of immediatly..and since they died off slowly over a few days one at a time I did not recieve a refund because it was greater than 48 hours.
    I wish you the best fingers crossed!!

9. 2overeasy

2overeasy Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2010
    Birchwood, TN
    I've ordered from them twice - 18 the first time, 10 the second. Big, healthy chicks, all of them. Had a couple of cases of pasty butt in the first batch but no big deal. The first batch are over a yr old now and they are all healthy, beautiful birds! 2nd batch are now 12 wks old, and no pasty butt, and again, beautiful and healthy. It helps, of course, that I live in a very small town and know my post office woman personally, and it also helps that I don't order til late spring when I know it's going to warm enough, but not too hot.

10. cabot

cabot Chillin' With My Peeps

I ordered eight last year ( april 2010). All arrived healthy and safe and all survived to adulthood (at which time , I lost 3 to hawks...). They are friendly hens, my husband and I get a lot of enjoyment from them! The australorp lays 6 eggs weekly and the rest 3-5/week. I was really happy with them.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by