1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

MPC mysteries

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by spieta89, Apr 12, 2016.

1. spieta89

spieta89 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 7, 2016
    Received my first order from MPC to add to my six ISAs from tsc! My guess for the 2 black are australorp, very curious about the 2 beautiful browns, and as for the 4 golden I've settled with having to wait to see!! [​IMG][/IMG]

2. spieta89

spieta89 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 7, 2016
    [​IMG]

3. StarMeKritten

StarMeKritten Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2013
    Moore County, NC
    The black ones have a white spot on the head, so they will be barred rather than solid black like an australorp. Breed possibilities are barred rock if they have a single comb and yellow skin, Dominique if they have a rose comb, or cuckoo marans if they have a single comb and white skin.

The brown ones are most likely either brown leghorns or welsummers. There are some others that also look similar as chicks. You'll probably have to wait until they are older to figure out exactly what they are.

1 person likes this.
  4. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Flock Master Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    agree with StarMeKritten

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by