MPC Orders for this week?

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by BittenKitten, Jun 29, 2010.

1. BittenKitten

BittenKitten New Egg

Mar 19, 2010
    My girls are to be here any day now! We can't wait! Seven Silkies (hopefully one of each color or at least one of each color exept two blue/splash as they aren't separated) and three EE's! Brooder is set up and warm![​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. justbugged

justbugged Head of the Night Crew for WA State

Jan 27, 2009
    Enumclaw
    Congratulations

3. TcherDawn

TcherDawn Granite State Chook

Jan 30, 2009
    Prescott, AZ
    Me Too! I have 10 baby chicks due today or tomorrow from MPC! I am getting Austrolorp, Buff Orp, Black Jersey Giant, Partridge Cochin, White Cochin, Easter Egger, Barred Rock, Red Star, Speckeled Sussex, and White Leghorn. Motley Crew! This is my first time with babies. We got 5 started pullets last year and they were pretty much full grown chickens at 17 weeks. Heat lamp is on and brooder is ready to go. I am excited and very nervous. Hope I do not screw up. My little boys are so excited. Good luck. Post pics when you get them.
    Dawn

4. BittenKitten

BittenKitten New Egg

Mar 19, 2010
    There here! All seem to be doing well!

5. SkyWarrior

SkyWarrior Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2010
    Wilds of Montana
    Quote:[​IMG] [​IMG]

6. KimberlyJ

KimberlyJ Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 13, 2010
    I just picked up my order from MPC. I was shorted a Buff Orpington. They said they had a problems at a hatchery and lost 19,000 eggs. My other five seem to be ok so far. They actually have the start of tiny feathers on their wings....I'm surprised that they have feathers at one day old? And they seem to be very sleepy, is that normal? My baby button quails never seemed to stop moving. This is my first experience with chickens.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2010
  7. Tigerjane

Tigerjane Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 17, 2010
    Pflugerville, TX
    Wish mine were coming today [​IMG]

Anyone ever put "First available" as their preferred arrival date for MPC, and have them come earlier than expected? When I placed my order it said around July 12th, but I put First available as my preferred shipping date, so now everyday I keep checking ym account status hoping they've shipped early [​IMG] The suspense is killing me! I'm THIS close to making a drive out to Ideal (1.5 hrs from me) and picking up some chicks

8. featherz

featherz Veggie Chick

Mar 22, 2010
    Saratoga County, NY
    Mine from mpc are hatching July 12th, as are my guineas from Cackle. It will be a fun week!! [​IMG]

9. Moxiechick

Moxiechick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 15, 2010
    Maine
    I just placed my first ever chick order last night, with MPC. [​IMG] Hatch date is for 7/12. I've ordered 1 Australorp, 1 Barred Plymouth Rock, 1 Buff Orpington, 1 Columbian Wyandotte, 1 Silver Laced Wyandotte, 1 Speckled Sussex and 2 Easter Eggers. I can't wait! [​IMG]

10. featherz

featherz Veggie Chick

Mar 22, 2010
    Saratoga County, NY
    Your order is similar to mine and is also hatching July 12th! I am down for one SLW,one GLW, two easter eggers and two australorps. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by