1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

MPC shipped eggs? anyone with experience?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by rufflemyfeather, Feb 13, 2013.

1. rufflemyfeather

rufflemyfeather Out Of The Brooder

Aug 29, 2012
    Lewisberry, PA
    Anyone with experience ordering eggs from my pet chicken? did they arrive in good condition? anyone order the cream legbar eggs this year?

I've ordered 6 cream legbar eggs from My pet chicken to be shipped this week. just called and they haven't shipped yet! Im so impatient. they said they ship every day including saturday. nervous enough incubating these eggs and now they might sit over the weekend.

2. stefan333

stefan333 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 5, 2012
    KY
    I really hope you don't have the same problem I did. If your eggs ship from Arkansas then they're from Gabbard Farms. I really wish MPC would tell people before they buy that the eggs come from Gabbard, because they have a really bad reputation. You can read my post on "MPC/Gabbard Farms BEWARE!". Not to say that you will have the same problem, but a lot of us have gotten true infertile eggs from the rare breeds, and no one responds to my emails. Just know that if your eggs don't do good, it's not your fault.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/...bard-farms-hatching-eggs-beware#post_10511412

3. rufflemyfeather

Aug 29, 2012
    Lewisberry, PA
    I just received my eggs this morning. I called on friday and for some reason my name wan't on the breeders list. They shipped them on saturday and sent 12 eggs instead of 6. they are in excellent condition. 10/12 eggs with air cells intact! 1 egg is HUGH and heavy. thinking its probably a double yolker but I'm incubating it anyway. I paid way too much for these eggs to toss it.

4. stefan333

Nov 5, 2012
    KY
    Since your eggs are in good condition it sounds like they'll do good. I hope you're blessed with a good hatch. Hopefully since they're a different breed than what I got (and the marans which I hear are bad) then you'll have a good hatch.

5. angelbrenn

angelbrenn Out Of The Brooder

Feb 14, 2013
    Ocala fl
    Good luck with your hatching I really wanted to order some of these but they were way too much I did find some an eBay and only had one out of six develop but my incubator overheated the last two days and it didn't make.

6. rufflemyfeather

Aug 29, 2012
    Lewisberry, PA
    mine are from North Carolina.

7. Scottyhorse

Scottyhorse Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 26, 2012
    Eastern Wa
    Let us know what happens!!

8. ChucktheChick

ChucktheChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 24, 2012
    The coop
    keep us updated! Especially the double yolker

9. stefan333

Nov 5, 2012
    KY
    Yay. I'm so happy to hear they're from NC. I guess MPC goes through different breeders/hatcheries depending on what eggs. [​IMG]

10. rufflemyfeather

Aug 29, 2012
    Lewisberry, PA
    today is the start of day 3...i see veins in just 1 egg.. ugh.. hoping it is just too early and the others will follow suit soon;) the double yolker is looking a little scrambled.. lots of little bubbles floating around and its very porous..

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by