1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

MPC shipping?

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by 1dude, Sep 18, 2012.

1. 1dude

1dude Out Of The Brooder

Dec 27, 2007
    Pace, Florida
    My chicks shipped yesterday late afternoon, 17th. I looked up the tracking number to track them like tracking Santa at Christmas. Well the USPS tracking page shows them still siting in Mansfield Ohio, late afternoon the 18th. It also shows a garunteed delvery date of 3;00pm the 18th. I called my local Post Office and they said they will call when they arrive. I wonder if they are sitting or moving and not tracking the movement. Anyone?

2. Jakoda

Jakoda Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2012
    Old Lyme CT
    The only thing I can suggest is to check your tracking number first thing in the morning, if it still says the same, I'd call that PO and see if they are sitting there.

3. 1dude

1dude Out Of The Brooder

Dec 27, 2007
    Pace, Florida
    I just checked one last time before bed and it just updated. It shows they arrived in Pensacola at 9;20pm. I'm going to guess the tracking on these packages doesn't work so well.

4. cafarmgirl

cafarmgirl Overrun With Chickens

You probably won't see any updated tracking info until they have arrived at the nearest postal hub. I ordered from MPC too. My chicks shipped the Tues after Labor Day and were in my hands in CA by noon the next day. They left the hatchery at 4:00 p.m. Tues and there were no tracking updates until they arrived at the Sacramento postal distributiion center.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2012
  5. 1dude

1dude Out Of The Brooder

Dec 27, 2007
    Pace, Florida
    The local Post Office called this morning at 6;30am to pick them up.
    Two of them didn't seem so well, but after about 15 minutes under the heat lamp they were all running crazy around the box. They drank a lot of water! I gave them some green gell stuff and they didn't seem to care too much for that. I put one scrambled yolk in there and they really went after that. I laughed when they started trying to drink. They would pretty much put most of their heads under water to drink. Then stand up straight, shake their heads and look around like what happened and do it again. they got it figured out now.

6. Jakoda

Jakoda Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2012
    Old Lyme CT
    glad you got them and they are happy little chickies:)))

Yep, when I was tracking mine, it said they were at the last stop, when in fact I got a call they were at MY PO...

Mine were shipped on a monday 3 pm and I got them in CT at 11am the following morning!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by