MPC Silkie Girls are here!***NEW Pics!!!***

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by The Sheriff, Oct 27, 2009.

1. The Sheriff

The Sheriff Overrun With Chickens

Jun 17, 2009
    Northern CA
    The post office called at 9:00 a.m. and told me to come pick up my chirping box. I ordered five female sexed silkies. I think I got one partridge, one buff, one white, and two blue. They told me ahead of time I wouldn't get my splash. Here they are as I opened the box, huddled on the heating pad. I will take better pics in the brooder and post later. They are sooooo cute. I think I got two with vaulted skulls but I'll have to get expert opinions on that.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 31, 2009
  2. SundownWaterfowl

SundownWaterfowl Overrun With Chickens

Adorable. Congrats! That little blue on in the middle looks vaulted.

3. MissJenny

MissJenny Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2009
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    OMG, they're cute. Irresistably adorable! (I love the Cluckawalla Valley State Prison thing -- made me giggle.)

Jenny

4. Attack Chicken

Attack Chicken [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG] Hu

Sep 25, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    AWWW their so cute!!!!

5. Whirlwind

Whirlwind Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2007
    Tuttle, Oklahoma
    Cute fuzzies!!!

6. SunnyChic

SunnyChic Keep The Sunny Side Up

Mar 7, 2009
    Thanks for showing us pics; they're so cute! [​IMG] I can't wait to see more.

7. tiffster011

tiffster011 Out Of The Brooder

Jun 20, 2009
    Quote:Question:... Where did you order only five chicks from? I am new to chicks, but all the hatcheries that I looked at you had to order a minimum of 50 birds. Where did you order only five from, or did you split up an order? I want to know for next time i get chicks!!

8. RickiHupp

RickiHupp Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 24, 2008
    Newark, Ohio
    Quote:Question:... Where did you order only five chicks from? I am new to chicks, but all the hatcheries that I looked at you had to order a minimum of 50 birds. Where did you order only five from, or did you split up an order? I want to know for next time i get chicks!!

My pet chicken has lower shipping standards!! If you live really close to a big city you can order as little as 3. Since I live in the sticks I had to order 8!! I love MPC.

9. The Sheriff

The Sheriff Overrun With Chickens

Jun 17, 2009
    Northern CA
    The MPC minimum for chicks, if you live near a major airline hub, is 5 for bantams and 3 for standard birds. That is why I have five silkies and not three! I live near Sacramento otherwise I would have had to order eight. They were shipped yesterday and arrived this morning, very carefully packed with a little green chick saver and a heating pad. They were all huddled in a bunch on the pad so I got them into their brooder right away. They are happy campers. eating and drinking and stumbling around. They have a cuddly stuffed animal to snuggle. This are only my second experience with chicks but these silkies are so much friendlier than the standard breed birds we hatched. They would raise heck f you tried to pick them up and these little girls seem to love it.

Well, gotta go take some pics.

Mary

10. chixie

chixie Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2009
    kountze texas
    congrats... they are adorable

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by