Mr. Farley has odd feathering. Can you take a look?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by chickenguysmom, Jun 10, 2009.

1. chickenguysmom

chickenguysmom Songster

What is this pattern called? It is very unique. It looks like a couple of different patterns, solids, etc. He is 6 weeks old. Any help you can give is appreciated.

ETA: And check out those army green legs!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 10, 2009
  2. TurtleChick

TurtleChick Songster

Oct 3, 2007
    Tacoma, WA
    don't know what the color's called, but he's very handsome! [​IMG]

3. FlashPointFarm

FlashPointFarm Songster

Jan 24, 2009
    Iowa
    I have an EE rooster that was colored very similar to yours at that age. he ended up turning red with a black tail.

4. DTchickens

DTchickens Crowing

Mar 23, 2008
    Bailey, Mississippi.
    he is EE colored.. Like all mutts, They throw many different colors, Some of which are just mixes of the two, three, or four colors in his genetics.. i would say a Duckwing pattern (Maybe a wheaten or BB red) And a dark color were used to create that... looks like some "yard hatches" (Chicks hatched off the yard with unkown parents (usually) and raised by hens..) I had in american gamefowl which came out of a brownred and a hatch (BB red patterned with green legs.. ).

Last edited: Jun 10, 2009
  5. rancher hicks

rancher hicks Crowing

Feb 28, 2009
    Syracuse, NY
    Green legs! OMG! He/she is so cool. Would I like to get some eggs from this one. Clearly his gramma really did wear army boots. Absolutely awesome![​IMG]

6. chickenguysmom

chickenguysmom Songster

Quote:[​IMG]

You gotta love those green legs. I wish I could keep him and get eggs from him and an EE hen but we can't keep roos. If you want you can have him.

7. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude

Too bad you can't keep him. He's going to be handsome!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: