Mr. & Mrs. FuzzyBottom, Breed?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by farmerChef, Dec 14, 2010.

1. farmerChef

farmerChef Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 18, 2010
    Southern Georgia
    My Coop
    These are two of my chickens. they both have 5 toes, their legs are pinkish, and their feathers are hair-like, very soft. Got them at an Amish auction about a month ago. At first I thought they might be frizzles but afther looking at more pics and doing some reasearch, I think they have some silkie in them or something. No eggs yet

Mrs. FB, is she barred?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Mr. FB
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 14, 2010
  2. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Wow semi silkied mutts!

But pretty at the same time... almost look like Hemadoras...

3. farmerChef

Nov 18, 2010
    Southern Georgia
    My Coop
    What would their coloring be? Think the hen is barred. The rooster is blue-ish with a gold head.

4. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    The pictures are poor, but they look like blue cuckoos to me. (poor quality barring or the result of crossing barred x non-barred)

How neat that you found some Silkied mutts though!

Oh, and its obvious these birds were bred carefully, because although they're Silkied, there's no Silkie behind them for at least 2 generations. They sport a single comb, pale legs, pale skin pigment, no tophat, no fifth toe, . . .

5. farmerChef

Nov 18, 2010
    Southern Georgia
    My Coop
    They both have 5 toes.
    Sorry for the blurry pics, they all run to the other side of the pen when ever i get close enough for a good pic.

Thinking about getting rid of/killing the Roo because i have 3 roos and only 4 hens. If anybody close by Thomasville, GA wants him or trade him for a hen [​IMG].

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by