Mr. "NO CHICKENS!" photo

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by rebbetzin, Oct 25, 2010.

1. rebbetzin

rebbetzin Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2008
    Tucson AZ
    Well, here is my "NO CHICKENS!" husband feeding our newest chicks. Our first chickens he would call "Taco, Nuggets, etc..."

On Saturday afternoon he went out and said "Hi Girls" and they came right over to him. He had me pick something from the garden so he could give them something to eat.

[​IMG]

So, never give up hope!!

2. yomama

yomama Overrun With Chickens

That's great! My husband was the same way. He grew up on a farm, so he is used to chickens, but not so much in a "pet" way, as I have them. Don't get me wrong, my husband is a huge animal lover, almost as big as me, but the chickens are the newest to the homestead, and he's never really seen them as pets before. All my pets are spoiled, chickens included, so at first it was hard for him when I wanted to do things like "rehome"my aggressive rooster, instead of butcher him.( He talked big, but there was no way he would ever butcher a chicken [​IMG] )Now, I can be out in the chicken yard, and I'll hear him sweet talking the hens, just so they will get close enough for him to possibly hold one. It's so funny to see my 6'5" husband, cuddling my EE hen. I need to get a pic of that!

3. rebbetzin

Apr 4, 2008
    Tucson AZ
    Yomama, it was funny to see "yomama" as a handle. A few years ago we had a credit card number stolen, and they made the new card with the name on the card "Yo Mama"!!!

4. yomama

yomama Overrun With Chickens

that's funny! I honestly don't know where I came up with that. I've always kind of just say it here and there. Not to mention, not too many people have it as a username, so it was easy to keep. I feel like I should be a rapper with that name, not a stay at home mom that lives in a "mini" farm! [​IMG]

5. Buff Hooligans

Buff Hooligans Scrambled

Jun 11, 2007
    Rebbetzin, he never said "no CHICKS" - that's his defense.

6. CrazyChickieMama

CrazyChickieMama Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2008
    Bolton, NC
    I just have to say this...I may be 29, but your husband is a HOTTIE!!! Daaaaaaaang. That is all. [​IMG]

7. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    Well....good for him! One day he'll help you with that chicken math!

8. rebbetzin

Apr 4, 2008
    Tucson AZ
    Quote:I just forwarded this post to him... It will make his day!!

9. rebbetzin

Apr 4, 2008
    Tucson AZ
    Quote:I just forwarded this post to him... It will make his day!!

My husband hadn't seen the photo I posted, so he asked to see it. I printed it out for him, showed it to him... He said...

"Now how in the world does the "Crypt Keeper" rate being a "HOTTIE!!"
    (He thinks he looks like the Crypt Keeper with a beard!)

He is so WEIRD!!

Last edited: Oct 26, 2010
  10. CrazyChickieMama

CrazyChickieMama Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2008
    Bolton, NC
    Definitely not a crypt keeper...Tell him to accept the compliment!!! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by