Mr Tuesday is in Trouble

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by gabrielle1976, Feb 1, 2013.

1. gabrielle1976

gabrielle1976 Overrun With Chickens

Feb 21, 2009
    Columbia river gorge
    Well I woke up this morning to a missing chick and one buried under some bedding and the feed dish , I found the one chick dead and nibbled on by my cat in the middle of the liveing room. I was sad but not mad at my cat as I thought the chick jujmped out and then my cat of course chased and cuaght him but then while I was unpacking stuff and paying bills he went into the dineing room again and came out a few minutes later with some bedding on him so I went to check and the little **** had reached thru a hole in the wire mess top and scratched around till he killed the other chick . Its one thing for a chick to get loose and my cat to kill it. (I have never had him do this befor and I have hatched off and on for like 4 years ) Or if I were stupid enough to try brooding without a top on or soemthing but Im really mad that he went out of his way not once but twice to reach in a tiny maybe 1 1/2 inch hole and kill the chicks. I know he is a cat but I thought after so long I had him use to the idea that the chicks were off limits. I could kick my self for not fixing the wire mesh top but I had no idea he would try to stick his big fat paw in there Those poor babies [​IMG]

2. tdgill

tdgill Chillin' With My Peeps

sorry to hear of your loss [​IMG] Don't dwell on it too long dear [​IMG] Try to forgive your kitty too....

3. gabrielle1976

gabrielle1976 Overrun With Chickens

Feb 21, 2009
    Columbia river gorge
    Mr Tuesday has been forgiven and is currently sitting on my lap, I rather vehmently shooed him away from the other chicks a couple times yesterday and I think I made my point. He also tried sticking his nose in with miss mini the broody and her chicks and found out the hard way that little chickens have sharp claws and a mean beak. Hopefully he has decided again that the fuzz balls are more trouble then they are worth. I also have my sons pump up super soaker type squirt gun loaded and waiting All my birds are coverd except mini and her babies during the day so she can get out and away from them for a miniute if she wants to but I dont think he will try sniffing her babies again [​IMG] and Im always home to watch and make sure. Little booger.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by