Mrs. AK Birdbrain did your georgia giant hatch yet?

NancyDz

Songster
11 Years
Oct 9, 2008
Dutch Flat, CA
Tori,

I'm curious about these birds, I know you had 100 in the incubator a while back... did they hatch yet?? Pictures?
big_smile.png

Thanks!

Nancy

Nope... due 4/13.
big_smile.png
But I'm 100% sure that 75% of them are developing, so I will be overrun with quail in another week. As if I didn't already have 100 eggs in the hatcher due Thursday.
lol.png

I promise I'll post pics...
I did just hatch one of these, though!
MallardDuckling3-26-20098-50-43AM.jpg

And these "hatched" last week...
IMG_4940.jpg

4-4a.jpg

4-6.jpg

4-4.jpg

Does that tide you over on cuteness til next week?
smile.png

lau.gif
"Bunabuns"! I love it! They are the result of a cross between a Californian (large white "siamese cat" looking bunny, for those not in the know) and an 18 pound steel-grey Flemish Giant. He kind of looks like a silver fox. So I wasn't surprised to see 7 grey/black bunnies, but then we got one white bunny in there!
big_smile.png
We have a grey/white rex mix that is crossed with a New Zealand (grey) that is due next week.
fl.gif

That particular ducky hatched a couple of weeks ago, but looks identical to the one that is drying off in the hatcher.
smile.png
There are 4 more pipped, and a couple dozen more in the incubator due over the next couple of weeks.

Whew... talk about hatching frenzy. I set quail eggs every Wednesday, and chicken eggs every Friday, so they all hatch on Fridays. (I may change that...
barnie.gif
) I have 6 duck eggs in one hatcher, a bunch of BWs and coturnix in another, and chicken eggs in a third hatcher. I have 2 dozen silver grey dorking eggs arriving any day now, 360 chukar eggs shipping at the end of the week, 50 cornish cross chicks arriving early next week, and 100 pheasant chicks arriving the week after that.
idunno.gif
padded.gif

Here's dad... Thor...
Thor.jpg

Here's momma... Smudge...
IMG_5064.jpg

Pulling her off the nest of bunnies...
IMG_4868.jpg

Here's my bunny, Cadbury... he doesn't see any action yet.
tongue.png

IMG_4263.jpg

Last edited:
Mrs. AK-Bird-Brain :

lau.gif
"Bunabuns"! I love it! They are the result of a cross between a Californian (large white "siamese cat" looking bunny, for those not in the know) and an 18 pound steel-grey Flemish Giant. He kind of looks like a silver fox. So I wasn't surprised to see 7 grey/black bunnies, but then we got one white bunny in there!
big_smile.png
We have a grey/white rex mix that is crossed with a New Zealand (grey) that is due next week.
fl.gif

That particular ducky hatched a couple of weeks ago, but looks identical to the one that is drying off in the hatcher.
smile.png
There are 4 more pipped, and a couple dozen more in the incubator due over the next couple of weeks.

Whew... talk about hatching frenzy. I set quail eggs every Wednesday, and chicken eggs every Friday, so they all hatch on Fridays. (I may change that...
barnie.gif
) I have 6 duck eggs in one hatcher, a bunch of BWs and coturnix in another, and chicken eggs in a third hatcher. I have 2 dozen silver grey dorking eggs arriving any day now, 360 chukar eggs shipping at the end of the week, 50 cornish cross chicks arriving early next week, and 100 pheasant chicks arriving the week after that.
idunno.gif
http://www.pic4ever.com/images/padded.gif

th.gif

LOL that's a cute mix of bunabuns!!! My friend breeds hollands, Netherland dwarfs, dwarf hotots, and Flemies I miss having rabbits myself but I am the type I can't have just one of something and I gotta play with genetics on it.....so it's a good thing the birds came along when they did! LOL!

I havveeee

12 buttons due thursday, 34 rhode island reds due friday, 100+ coturnix due saturday, 10 bc marans due 16th (thursday), 40+ rhode island reds and rhode island red crosses, and some more coturnix due on the 18th (a saturday), annnnddd on the 23rd 100+ bobwhites (pretty much everything but the wild color) and my red coturnix eggies are due !!!!

OH and im expectin duckie eggs in the mail and maybe more marans eggies if Ninjapoodles has some available for me to
wee.gif
over lol!

Now if only my coturnix were all laying then I'd be hatchin more of them and finnally selling them for real.... LOL!​

love.gif
Yes that tides me over! I'm so tempted to hatch some ducklings but I really don't have room for duckies right now.... And those buns are soooo cute! I saw some on craigslist today and was so tempted but I'm supposed to be downsizing these days
roll.png

Arent these cute?

http://goldcountry.craigslist.org/grd/1111972583.html

I had one that same color when I was younger.

Cadbury has such a sweet face!

Wow that is a hatching and brooding frenzy at your place!!!! and your's too monarc!

I'll have to live through you guys for awhile!

Nancy
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom