Mrs AKbirdbrain, your Easter present will be flying up tomorrow!!

cawooduck

Songster
10 Years
Mar 21, 2009
Livermore, CA
Your eggs are packed and ready for the experimental flight to Gods country!! Happy easter!!
easterteal.jpg

I took the teal eggs and wrapped them in toilet paper (unused of course!LOL) then placed the wrapped egg in an Easter egg so they can not move, then i taped the egg shut. I then placed a good amount of shavings in the bottom of the box, a layer of bubble wrap, a layer of shavings with the eggs separated by more shavings, bubble wrap again and then more shavings to top it off.

Remember, this is purely an experiment!! Good luck and let me know how things go!!............Jason

Last edited:
clap.gif
I'm so excited!!! I can't wait to see them!! I have another silkie that just decided to go broody today, and her little butt will be perfect for these!
woot.gif
Thank you Jason!!

ya.gif
I got the eggs!!!
woot.gif

One of them appears to have a disrupted airsac... it rolls all over if you gently turn the egg. I put a "?" on it, and we'll see how it does. All the others seem to be ok. They are such small unassuming little eggs.
smile.png
They feel neat, too... kind of waxy. Different from my big ducks. Well, they're going to go to their rightful place under a broody silkie butt.
big_smile.png

How many days til hatch on this breed?

Tori,

The hatch time on the ring teal are about 29 days. I am really glad they made it in one piece!! Good luck with the incubation process and i cant wait to hear the results!!
fl.gif

Back
Top Bottom