Mrs. Blue Berry's first Chick! .........And A Day of 1st's - CUTE

chickenzoo

Emu Hugger
14 Years
Mar 10, 2008
a bumpy dirt road in Florida
Today Hatched Mrs. Blue Berry Turkey's first Poult.(The middle one) It is still a little ruffled. I also had another turkey Poult hatch out too, another first.......not sure about who Momma is (I have 2 Royal Palm hens, 1 Narraganset, who I'm thinking is as well as 2 Buff and a few BR hens w/ all BR Toms.) I also had my first BL Polish chick hatch from my Roo - Grasshopper & his gals. SOOOOOOOOOO Cute. They are in with Baby Button Quail at the moment until they get use to their legs, he he.

7205_turkey_babies.jpg

Last edited:
Wow, I was looking and looking at that picture thinking...where are the button quail? Those birds all look pretty big. I finally saw one! Tiny! I had no idea they were really that small.

Very cute chicks & poults.

OMG Is that an ant?! No, wait that's a quail.

I thought that was some type of treat or something for them to eat. Didn't realize it was a bird. I miss having turkey chicks. I found them more friendly and for some reason they had a smell to them that I liked. You should get another picture of that quail with a turkey or chick next to it and post it on a funny chicken contest. Looks like the other chicks could be the mothers.

I have an idea *everyone leaves thread* you should get a jersey giant roo and take a picture of it right next to a button quail chick.

I can't believe how tiny they are! I just want to cuddle about ten of them!
lol.png

Well I find the turkey chicks nicer than the chicken chicks. As far as adults it is hard to say yet. Been attacked more by my roo than the turkey toms and I've only been attacked by the roo a few times. The turkey chicks I had would lay in my hand nice and calm whenever I picked them up and never pooped on my hand. Also had one that tried to take a bath in my hand even when it got bigger that only one foot would fit on my hand. The little chicken chicks would want to jump off and at the time I had one chick that for some reason at only 2 days old would bite if you pick it up and wouldn't let go. I didn't think little chicks at that age would have a good bite grip but it had a nice one for the size. Luckily I started picking it up more to tame it and don't have any problems with it now.

Here's a couple pictures of my favorite tom when he was a chick. One of them he was trying to take a bath.
turkeychick.jpg

turkeychick1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom