Mrs.K from South Dakota

Mrs. K

Crossing the Road
14 Years
Nov 12, 2009
western South Dakota
Good morning! Cloudy here, today, suppose to get a bit of snow. I have been raising chickens for about a 14 months. I had a huge problem with predators. coons and a weasel(?) My sons built me a totally enclosed yard and I have only lost one this summer, when I let them out to range on a nice day. I had a broody hen raise 5 chicks, and that was great, and two of those chicks survived the weasel. The rest I bought in August from a woman. So I have nine hens, but I am beginning to think that one of the hen is a rooster? We will see.

I like chickens, and I am just now getting back into getting eggs. What fun! Mrs. K

welcome-byc.gif

Welcome Mrs. K !!!!
frow.gif

Where in SD are you? My daughter had a softball tournament this summer in Rapid City and we drove through Custer to get there. WOW!!! Sooo beautiful!!!

Cara

Actually not too far from either Custer or Rapid City, 55 miles to Custer, we live on a ranch, and because we are so far out, when the kids (all grown now) were ready to start high school, we got a house in Custer. I taught at the high school, and we did that for 11 years. I am back at the ranch now, and teach at a rural elementary school close by.

Thanks for the welcome. mrs.k

Mrs. K :

Wild sky - many people have thought that I had too much coffee, but I never have!
big_smile.png

gig.gif
I've never had to much, I don't think its possible! (but I'll try again today)​

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom