1. Come check out hundreds of awesome coop pages (and a few that need suggestions) in our 2018 Coop Rating Project!

Mrs. K has a broody!

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by Mrs. K, Jul 6, 2010.

1. Mrs. K

Mrs. K Crowing

Nov 12, 2009
    western South Dakota
    I have been begging and they would jump off the nest. This week I thought once, no, twice, no, third time maybe, and since yesterday, she is stuck to the nest tighter than a tick, and groweling.[​IMG]

Now the hunt for eggs, as I have no rooster. I called people I didn't even know, but someone else said, no I don't but try her. And Thursday I am picking up a dozen eggs. Hurray!

This is going to be fun! Hope it works. Today, her sister acted broody too, but later saw her out free ranging, but back there tonight? Maybe need to get more eggs?

mk

2. duckyfromoz

duckyfromoz Quackaholic

Jan 11, 2010
    Australia
    Congrats on the broody..Hope things work out for you... What kind of eggs are you getting??

Last edited: Jul 7, 2010
  3. Mrs. K

Mrs. K Crowing

Nov 12, 2009
    western South Dakota
    It will be a mix of eggs, from barred rocks, rir, bo, and EE. I was so tickled to find someone with fertilized eggs, I was not too picky. Nothing like calling a total stranger, who I had heard about from another stranger, and saying, "I heard that you are a chicken lady, and might have some fertilized eggs!"[​IMG]

But real chicken ladies are crazy just like me, and UNDERSTAND! [​IMG]

I can hardly wait for tomorrow, and then to wait 3 weeks! Better than being pregnant! mrsK

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by