Mrs. W's surprise shower was today!

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by kargo, Dec 10, 2009.

1. kargo

kargo Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2009
    The surprise shower I've been plaiing with the school administrator for months was today. I skipped the last class (with permission) and went to help set up. So we got everything set up in about 30 minutes. Then all we had left to do was wait. The other kids and teachers arrived shortly after three. Finally one of the teachers sighted Mrs. G and Mrs. W on their way. We all waited anxiously and I got my camera ready to film. Soon she had come in the door and we yelled, "Surprise!" For a second she looked confused. Then it dawned on her and she gasped. She got her corsage pinned on and sat down in a chair in front of everybody. She was so excited because her husband had come. Mrs. G had two games planned for us, so we played thos. Then we ate. Then she started opening presents. She had a ton of fun with that. She thanked my at least 5 different times for the shower.

2. GaNewChick

GaNewChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2009
    McDonough, Ga.
    [​IMG] Glad it turned out good!

3. CMV

CMV Flock Mistress

Apr 15, 2009
    Congrats on throwing a great party for your favorite teacher. I am sure she was very touched. I know I would be.

4. kargo

May 8, 2009
    Thanks. It was wonderful. Her husband didn't say anything to me but she was really, really happy.

5. Boyd

Boyd Recipient of The Biff Twang

Mar 14, 2009
    MI
    I'm glad it came together for you so well!!! Congrats!

6. kargo

May 8, 2009
    Thanks. It was so cool. I got so nervous, though. She was standing over with a couple of other teachers and I looked up. She made eye contact with me and signaled me to come over to her. I was like, "Oh CRAP!" I basically tried to hide behind my friend and everything. I bet it was hilarious. I guess I was nervous because everybody was watching her and I didn't want a whole bunch of attention. Anyway, she ended up coming over to me and telling me, "I heard you planned a whole lot of this." I was like, "Yeah, kind of." "Well, thank you so much." She said. She kept on thanking me the whole shower. It was really cool.

7. Nupine

Nupine Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 21, 2007
    Ohio
    Congrats! I know if I was her, I would be so thrilled to know a student cared that much about me to plan a baby shower.

8. sred98

sred98 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2008
    Oklahoma
    That is so great that it turned out well! I was wondering when it was. I had forgotten. Sounds like she was really and truly surprised. That is so FUN!

Hope things are going well for you. [​IMG] I haven't been on as much and seen your updates.

Shelly

9. kargo

May 8, 2009
    Thanks. She had NO idea. She was like, "How did you guys hide this from me?" Yeah, I haven't been updating as much lately.

10. sfw2

sfw2 Global Menace

I was just wondering about the shower, yesterday! Glad it went so well. It was a sweet thing for you to do.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by