Ms. Baldbutt

KimberleiE

Chirping
Aug 11, 2021

Does anybody know what's going on my girl? This started several months ago but I thought it was bc she was going thru a molt but now she's got a spot on her chest. I've treated the coop for mites/lice & there are 13 other chickas that r fine & recently molted normally as she did too everywhere except her butt & now chest. Just to note she's the top girl in charge & acts like nothing is wrong, shes eating normally,etc but this is my 1st experience with this so i'm a lil worried. thanks in advance.
(Fyi the one pic is of her chest i know it isn't a good picture but she was in my face wanting treats & kept moving.)

Attachments

• 20230204_164411.jpg
    20230204_164411.jpg
    647.6 KB · Views: 7
  • 20230204_164359.jpg
    20230204_164359.jpg
    818.3 KB · Views: 5
  • 20230204_164349.jpg
    20230204_164349.jpg
    631.9 KB · Views: 5
You treated for lice/mites, did they have them or you just treated just in case?

Looks to me like she's being plucked. Observe while roosting to see if a neighbor hen is plucking her at night.
Is her crop emptying overnight? When you check on her at night when she's roosting, is she resting on that bare spot that's on her chest?

You can apply some NuStock cream to her bare bottom to see if that helps deter picking. Do look her over for lice/mites again.

What do you feed, including treats?

You treated for lice/mites, did they have them or you just treated just in case?

Looks to me like she's being plucked. Observe while roosting to see if a neighbor hen is plucking her at night.
Is her crop emptying overnight? When you check on her at night when she's roosting, is she resting on that bare spot that's on her chest?

You can apply some NuStock cream to her bare bottom to see if that helps deter picking. Do look her over for lice/mites again.

What do you feed, including treats
I treated for mites just incase bc the coop hadn't been used or cleaned for a long time, by me anyways) but her & the lil silkie rooster sleep on the roost & the other chickens sleep up in the rafters up in the ceiling above them but she sleeps on one side of the roost & the rooster sleeps in the middle so they're not touching. Mealworms for treats. I'll look her over & try some of that nustock & give ya an update.

Back
Top Bottom