Mt Healthy Hatchery Heavy special

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by BirchHatchery, Feb 23, 2012.

1. BirchHatchery

BirchHatchery Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 2, 2009
    indiana
    orderded 25 pullets and 5 roosters heavy mix from mount healthy hatchery i got golden laced wyandottes black austrolops and rhode island reds and americanas, i lost 1 rir 1 black austo and 2 americanas. so needless to say i am not the happeist most of the golden laced wyandottes have single combs and most of the chicks are on the runty side one of the rir has a deformed leg i dont no if he will live when he gets bigger, my question is does anyone no how to sex gold laced wyandottes their a litle over a month old all feathered out i got couple with red comb and have darker gold feathers dont no if that means a roo or not?

2. BirchHatchery

Nov 2, 2009
    indiana
    anyone??

3. ChickenPrnces

ChickenPrnces Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 2, 2012
    Deerfield, NH
    I just looked them up on my hatcheries page! Both sexes have red combs though the roos is bigger! The coloring seems a bit darker in the roos saddle feaathers! Do you have any saddles starting yet?

4. BirchHatchery

Nov 2, 2009
    indiana
    i couple of them have darker red combs and also have darker feathers and they have shorter stump tails

5. BirchHatchery

Nov 2, 2009
    indiana
    anyone????????//

6. BlazeJester

BlazeJester Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 2, 2011
    Midway, GA
    Females should NOT have red combs until 4+ months. Males may start developing earlier. If you post your pictures in the "Which breed or gender" forum, you'll get your answer from those that can help. This is not the place for that and pictures are a necessity for anyone to help you.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by