Mt Healthy's Specials...

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by PineappleMama, Dec 5, 2010.

1. PineappleMama

PineappleMama Chillin' With My Peeps

Holey swiss cheese... after reading about one special that was $1.40 I think per I just HAD to go and look at specials ... not that there's ANY chance in hades we could do these, but if someone had the space... Over at Mt Healthy....

AMERICAN MEAT MAKERS -- BARGAIN # 1

Makes tasty juicy fryers. They dress out beautifully.Hatchery choice of breed and sex usually males. (These are not Cornish Rock)

100.............................................................$35.00

SUPER X SPECIAL - BARGAIN # 2

Make wonderful fryers. Hatchery choice of sex and breed and usually are males.(These are not Cornish Rock.),

200 ...............................................$50.00

HEAVY COMBO -Bargain # 3

These are hatchery choice of breeds, 50 as-hatched and 50 male

100.................................................$60.00

**Do NOT get the usual 25 freebies with every 50 ordered with these assortments.**

Have to check your zone (no clue where the map for that is) to figure shipping but the range for 100 chicks (special 1 or 3) is 13.00-35.00 and for 200 chicks (special 2) is 20.00-57.00...

Total cost for #1 special, 100 chicks (figure all males) is 48.00 (0.48c each) to 70.00 (0.70c each)
    Total cost for #2 special, 200 chicks (figure all males) is 70.00 (0.35c each) to 107.00 (0.54c each)
    Total cost for #3 special, 100 chicks (figure 75 males) is 73.00 (0.73c each) to 95.00 (0.95c each)

Anyone ever actually take advantage of one of these mongo assortments?? SEEMS like an awesome way to get some meaties for uber cheap... or #3 some hens too... but maybe I'm missing something?

Last edited: Dec 5, 2010
  2. lilchick

lilchick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2008
    Williamsport In.
    YES! 2 years ago I ordered the bargain #2 of 200 chicks for 50.00. Shipping to my zone was 20.00. I received 226 chicks! Buff orph. and golden laced wyandottes... They say all roos but must have had to fill my order with some pullets cause I ended up with approx. 50 pullets! Nice healthy chicks and I only lost 2.... You get no choice so it is fun to open the box and see what's in there.. kinda like an x-mas present. [​IMG] And it was fairly easy to tell the sex in just a few weeks and I sold them for 2.25 to 2.75 ea. Nice profit...

3. PineappleMama

PineappleMama Chillin' With My Peeps

Oh that IS cool! It seemed like an amazing deal, which always makes me wary, nice to hear someone did good with it!

4. Tiffrz-N-Kidz

Tiffrz-N-Kidz Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2010
    Aledo, TX
    I got the Bargain 1, 100 for $35. I got ALL Ameraucanas. I was hoping to get all cockerels, but some pullets would be OK, too. They sent 104, 2 DOA and WOW these are some happy active chicks. They are a week old today.

5. oldrooster

oldrooster One Crazy Nut

I know this is an old post but Tifferz-n-kids where they all roos? and pineapplemamma did you get it and what did you get?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by