1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Mt Hope auction

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Sarree, Apr 5, 2009.

1. Sarree

Sarree Out Of The Brooder

May 18, 2008
    Akron Ohio
    Just wondering if anyone went to Mt Hope Exotic Animal Auction? Can't believe how crowded it was! You would never Know we were in a recession. 2 polish hen chickens went for $85.00 dollars each!

Sarree

2. willow

willow Chillin' With My Peeps

May 5, 2008
    Sherman, NY
    We went there last year and O M G [​IMG] I could not believe the prices!! Talk about C R A Z Y [​IMG]
    But people bid on them. I saw 1 hedgehog that sold for just shy of $300, now that's N U T S[​IMG]

3. Sarree

Sarree Out Of The Brooder

May 18, 2008
    Akron Ohio
    we waited hours just to bid on one goose, unfortunatly it went for $85.00 too much and we didn't get it.

peacocks were going for $200.00!

The animals didn't have food in their cages, and some animals were stomped on and dead in the cages. It was really insane!

Sarree

4. deerman

deerman Rest in Peace 1949-2012

Aug 24, 2008
    Southern Ohio
    Sorry I miss it this time, make it most 3 times every year. Thursday best for pheasants and peafowl. Great deal on peafowl those sell for high dollar like 200 are the rare type.
    Saw a charcoal male sell for 250 and that color male sell for 400 as yearling.

Like all auction you got to know what they are worth, and sometimes they do oversale.

You name it they have it. deer,elk,zebras,monkey, and etc. this is a 3 day of non stop auctions sometime 4 rings going on at one time.

Auction are fun to watch, sometime people are bidding without understanding the auctioneer. Always see those that pay 4 time what something was worth.
    The auctioneer are fast at this sale.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2009
  5. kentuckychicken

kentuckychicken Out Of The Brooder

Jan 18, 2009
    Where is this and when do they have it?

6. TheMartianChick

TheMartianChick Chillin' With My Peeps

7. bugladyleah

bugladyleah Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2008
    PA
    I went last year in the fall (Sept, I think it was) and prices were nuts then, too. I did get a cabinet incubator but I didn't buy any birds. I can't belive how high they are going! I think I should take birds out there next time.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by