1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Mt. Hope Ohio swappers days! May 15th and 16th!

Discussion in 'Chickenstocks, Shows, Meet-Ups' started by Harley's girl, May 6, 2009.

1. Harley's girl

Harley's girl Chillin' With My Peeps

8076 St Rt 241 Mt Hope, OH 44660
    330-674-7661
    http://www.mthopeauction.com/

2009 dates are April 2-3 Mid Ohio Exotic Sale, May 15-16 Swap Meet, July 17-18 Swap Meet, September 17-18 Mid Ohio Exotic Sale, October 16-17 Swap Meet and November 6 Mid Ohio Exotic Sale.

I will be under a blue EZ up canopy. There will be either (or both) a green grand cherokee or white cherokee!
    I will be there wearing a yellow "Chillin' with my Peeps" shirt. I am hard to miss as I am pretty short! [​IMG] seriously I am. [​IMG]
    I am bringing the following.........

Adults
    a trio of cuckoo marans,
    a pair of black sumatras (standard)
    4-5 RIR hens (just a year old)

Maybes [​IMG]
    2 Speckled Sussex
    2 Buff Orps
    2 Buckeyes

Pullets
    2 Black sex link (just started to lay!!! [​IMG] )
    3-4 Red sex link
    1 buff brahma
    1 Easter egger

Chicks
    Salmon Faverolle
    Appenzeller Spitzhauben
    BLRW
    Easter Egger (from BEAUTIFUL blue eggs!!!)
    maybe....maybe Partridge Penedesenca

I will also bring hatching eggs, if anyone would like to request this is what I can bring.
    BLRW
    Spitzhaubens
    Brabanters
    EE
    Buff Orps
    Sex linked
    faverolle

Maybe an incubator and I think my friend is bringing horse tack and scrubs. [​IMG]
    Hope to see you all there!!!!!!! [​IMG]

My friend wanted me to list that she will have assorted heavies that are I think around 6 weeks old. She will also have Easter Eggers. [​IMG]

wanted to add....
    There is always lots of vendors there! They had last year
    guineas, peafowl, geese, ducks, quail, pheasants, turkeys, CHICKENS! (LOL) and
    puppies, cats, skunks, raccoons, groundhogs, squirrels, and lots more!!!! I can not say what will be there this year! Just telling you what was there last May. [​IMG]

Last edited: May 14, 2009
  2. babymakes6

babymakes6 Gifted

Feb 24, 2009
    far west Ohio
    What kind of incubator is it? [​IMG]

3. Harley's girl

It is an old round metal one from Sears and Roebuck. It works great. I have 4 bators now and DH says if I am not using it I need to sell it. [​IMG]

4. babymakes6

babymakes6 Gifted

Feb 24, 2009
    far west Ohio
    How much are you asking for it, and how many eggs does it hold? We are on the other side of Ohio (5 miles from IN), but I would be interested in it.

5. Harley's girl

It will hold 7 dozen (84 eggs) I am asking $35 for it. I will send you pics of it holding the eggs and then closed to your PM. [​IMG]

6. twinwillows1215

twinwillows1215 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2009
    Lapeer
    I'm thinking about going to the swap this year. I always go to the exotics auction. Is there usually a lot at the swap?

7. 92caddy

92caddy Egg Lover

May 18, 2007
    Portland, IN
    So are you going to the sale or the swap?

I would like to see pics of the bator also.

What about your partridge penedesenca? How many you got, how old are they, how much you aksing for them or are you running them thru the sale, if thats when you are going.

I went last year and was in heaven with all of the different breeds of birds aniamls. I seen some I only ever pics of before. I wanted to take pics soooo bad, but wasnt allowed. Its almost a 4 hour drive for me, so after we got there, we ended up getting a room and spent the night. It was ALOT of fun................

8. Harley's girl

At the swap you should be able to take pics. The exotic sale I don't think you are allowed to. I will be selling at the swap. Right now I only have 1 penedesenca chick. I have 2 more eggs in the bator that are due on the 9th. Hopefully they will both hatch out. [​IMG] I can PM you the prices if you want. [​IMG] Hope you can make it. [​IMG]

9. oberhaslikid

oberhaslikid Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 5, 2008
    Ohio
    I am going.I just dont know if Iam gonna set up or not.I sold a lot last week and Iam afraid I just have odds and ends.
    I could get rid of my extra roos.
    Do they sell other stuff as in junk.a friend is going and she has some Indian stuff she wants to sell. The last ime I went it was on a Friday and not much was hapening and we left.I was meeting a guy there to deliver a goat I sold anyway.

10. stu3796

stu3796 Out Of The Brooder

Oct 17, 2008
    NW Ohio
    Do I assume correctly that Friday is the best day to be there? Although I assume Saturday afternoon might be the best time to get some good deals. Thanks!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by