Mt. Lion killed in CA. $5k reward to find poachers.

If you read the story you'll note that the animal killed was part of a long term scientific study. This means that not only was an animal killed and a law broken, but that an expensive and time consuming research project was compromised. It will impact the study and the careers of those involved. It is all around a BAD THING.

If it was killed in a canyon, I doubt it was someone protecting their flock. Plus they said it was poachers & the corpse was mutilated so I assume that they took the teeth, claws & maybe the pelt too.

I have to agree with the last post. To be killed in the valley means it most likely was not killed by someone protecting their flock or farm animals. Poachers in my mind should be shot just like the animals they shoot. But when and if that same animal goes astray and tries to kill domesticated animals, he has cross the line for his own survival. Yep, he would die here for sure. I had a cougar here and called the DNR about it. I was told it was against the law to harm him in anyway. I explained to the agent if I felt threatened in any way for myself or my animals, I intended to be sure the cougar looses. He said 'well I guess I can't blame you for that.

All animals of all types live around here. And they ae all welcome so long as none cme here looking for a chicken supper.

Poaching is never a good thing. What surprised me about this article was that the Humane Society of the United States with a total net worth of $262,000,000 only could only come up with less than $5,000. The Humane Society of the United States is a radical animal rights group that inaccurately portrays itself as a mainstream animal care organization.

Thats terrible they should shoot the poachers too!
somad.gif

Much in the same way we used to electrocute murderers. Is that not what they are. In poaching there is no real purpose. That is unless they are in for money for their kill. But is the cougar was found, then it wasn't for porfit. It was left behind. It was kill for sport. Deer, squirrel, and most other animals hunted is done for eating. I've not heard of one person that has ever kill a cougar for the meat. This case was not. I am a long long way from being with the tree hugger bunch, but killing just to kill is a sickness and plain ole mean. So prosecute and carry out the penality. Which I would like to see as capital punishment. But please have ease of mind. I'm only one, and this one doesn't matter to the powers that be. Oh no, I shouldn't have said sickness. Now he needs conselling and theropy. It just won't end, will it?
smile.png
There will always be some bleeding heart to come to their defence.

If there is purpose that's one thing. Poaching has no purpose other than killing.

Back
Top Bottom