Much ado about poo- Sick D'uccle?

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by driftlessgirl, Mar 28, 2016.

1. driftlessgirl

driftlessgirl Out Of The Brooder

Mar 15, 2016
    Kickapoo Valley, WI
    I have 2 -1.5wk old bantam d'uccles. One started looking kinda run down about 3 days ago, looking sleepy, peeping, eyes closed alot. Thought it was just larger chicks running them over and beating them to food etc so I separated them to their own box. I came back a bit later and noticed one had made a dark wine colored poo. Started giving electrolyte amd probiotic since it seemed to still be eating and drinking. The chick seemed to perk up by the next day. I have not seen any more dark wine colored poos since that day. It seemed fine yesterday but still peeps alot. I thought maybe it was lonesome or cold so I wrapped it in a washcloth and carried it in my pocket while I did housework. Today it seems ok but I found some light pink tinged poo??? The chick doesnt seem run down or anything. Its eating and drinking as far as I can see. Am I worrying for nothing or is this coccidiosis or something bad?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. room onthebroom

room onthebroom Overrun With Chickens

May 4, 2015
    Do you have a heat lamp on them?

3. driftlessgirl

Mar 15, 2016
    Kickapoo Valley, WI
    Yes. We have the chicks all in our basement at the moment with heat lamps. I just brought them upstairs to a window to get better pictures of the stool. They seem to be enjoying a little sunlight.

4. driftlessgirl

Mar 15, 2016
    Kickapoo Valley, WI
    Anyone have any ideas on the stool?

[​IMG]

5. Wyorp Rock

Wyorp Rock Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Sep 20, 2015
    Southern N.C. Mountains
  6. MrsBrooke

MrsBrooke Chillin' With My Peeps