1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Mudgie the survivor is doing well! I'm so proud of my chicken!

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by JessicaGrant, Sep 12, 2008.

1. JessicaGrant

JessicaGrant Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 22, 2008
    Western Mass
    My fist babies died in a raccoon attack. Mudgie survived, but was injured and she now doesn't have much use for one of her legs.

A while back I added a few more chickens and they have always roosted together while Mudgie sat on the floor of the coop...I'm not sure if this is because she couldn't get up to the roost or if she just wasn't comfortable up there. Well I went to put them to bed last night and Mudgie was up on the roost with the rest of the girls! Of course she was still up there this morning when I opened the coop for the day, so I helped her down. I don't know if she could get down without hurting herself. I was just really happy to see her hanging out with the rest of the girls. [​IMG]

2. d.k

d.k red-headed stepchild

*Awww-- You GO, Mudgie!!! Isn't that great?? When mine first started climbing stuff again, even tho she could't see (possum), I was so tickled over it. They are pretty amazing, and surprising, aren't they? [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 12, 2008
  3. chick4chicks

chick4chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2008
    N.E. Pa.
    [​IMG] you go Mudgie, I am so glad she is doing better. Mixing with the other girls.

4. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

Awww, thats great! Maybe a ladder will help her get up and down from there without hurting herself more?

5. Scrambled Egg

Scrambled Egg Flock Mistress

Aug 29, 2007
    Fayetteville, NC
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by