Mule Eggs - Day 14

Bleenie

Wyan-DO's
10 Years
Jul 14, 2009
The Beautiful Pacific NW ,WA
I set 36 MuscovyX eggs 14 days ago. I just candled all the incubator eggs and it looks like i have a total of 32 Mules still growing good!

I read a lot online about them after i found out what they were & i am Really suprised to see so many still going strong, I thought for sure I would have a bad hatch with these ones.

woot.gif
wee.gif

Wow, that's great! What are they crossed with? Can't wait to see pictures.

When you have muscovy crossed with any other duck, do they still have the red caruncles of the muscovy? I am curious to know, as I don't know much about the muscovy mixed breeds.

Thanks.
Kathy

I had a mule hen last year but she didn't have the caruncles, she was Pekin/Muscovy.

The cartons said the drake on these was Pekin/Khaki & the hens were Muscovy. There should be a variety of colors so im excited to see them when they hatch
smile.png

Hey if they are half muscovy do they hiss like the muscovy or do they get the quack from the other breed ? Inquireing minds want to know
smile.png

I have only had 1 mule so i don't know for sure. i only know what mine was like. She quacked sometimes but was much quieter than my other non-muscovy ducks. I am sure she would hiss if she were broody but i never saw her doing the muscovy hiss.

Back
Top Bottom