Multiple Roo's - how to deal

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by dmiravalle, Jan 12, 2011.

1. dmiravalle

dmiravalle Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 23, 2010
    Foresthill, CA
    Ok, I am officially an addict!! Not sure if this is the right area to post, so please feel free to re-direct me.

My question is this, for those of you with multiple breeds that you are raising (or varieties) and you have to watch the roo racket, what do you do???

I have 4 acres so land it self is not the problem, but noise carries here, plus DH doesn't care for the crowing much at 4:00 am. I would need suggestions for keeping the racket down particularly at night!

Thanks soooooooo much! (I really want to do another variety of cochins, and possibly BCM's)

2. FireTigeris

FireTigeris Tyger! Tyger! burning bright

Mine don't crow at night where we hear them.

Our house is well insulated and they roost either in the covered part of the run (3 walls) or the coop (6 walls) so there's little to bother them.

3. dmiravalle

dmiravalle Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 23, 2010
    Foresthill, CA
    Do to where we live, we have to keep the chickens close to the house in special pens, we have BEARS, we did try down in the barn, but a couple of years ago the bear ripped the siding off the barn to get to them at night. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by