mum I miss you.

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by oesdog, Feb 26, 2014.

1. oesdog

oesdog Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 7, 2010
    Ireland
    Feeling a wee bit sad tonight. It is the anniversary of my mothers death and also what would have been my parents wedding anniversary. My mom died in my dads arms on their 53rd wedding anniversary two years ago. It is difficult to believe 2yrs have passed already.

Oes

2. thechickenchick

thechickenchick Born city, Living country

Mar 8, 2008
    Eaton, Colorado
    Hugs to you on this tough day. :hugs.

3. punk-a-doodle

punk-a-doodle Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2011
    Hope you have some good memories of her to surround yourself with on this tough day. :hugs

4. oesdog

Jun 7, 2010
    Ireland
    Thanks for the thoughts
    I find the day difficult as I have to spend a deal of it talking to and supporting my sister and father. Sometimes there doesn't seem any time for my own grief or feelings.

Oes

5. thechickenchick

thechickenchick Born city, Living country

Mar 8, 2008
    Eaton, Colorado
    I hope today was a better day for you. It is so hard when you have to be strong for others. Just remember to make time for you , wether to grieve or just remember her. I lost my Mom 12 1/2 years ago and I still miss her with all my heart. There are times I sit quietly outside and "have coffee with her" She loved touring little chapels and big beautiful churches. When ever I see one on my travels, I go in, find a seat and "share " it with her. It may sound crazy to some but it's my time and makes me feel closer to her. Hugs

6. oesdog

Jun 7, 2010
    Ireland
    Thanks for that.

I miss mum everyday. - Thing is we were never close in life as I think she felt I disapointed her.
    I can honestly say the closest I got to her without a barbed comment was when she was dead and I was finally able to kiss her and talk to her without a snide rebuff.

Despite that I loved her very much and she is among the most strongest and respected women I have known.

Oes

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by