Murals and wall colors

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by Juliana of San Marcos CA, Jul 16, 2011.

1. Juliana of San Marcos CA

Juliana of San Marcos CA New Egg

Jul 16, 2011
    I heard that wall colors can affect a chicken egg laying. Some colors encourage laying, and others slow down production. I just finished painting my girls wall Daffodil Yellow, and I wanted to paint a big tree on the wall. Has any one heard any truth to this, and can you post a link to the article?

2. Mama Hen Chris

Mama Hen Chris Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 24, 2010
    Peoria, AZ
    I have a wall mural on our block fence.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

The inside is painted lettuce green and light amethyst. I also am planning on painting a tree and flowers, etc on the inside wall. My girls are laying just fine. I get 7 out of 8 eggs a day from the girls.

[​IMG]

3. Juliana of San Marcos CA

Juliana of San Marcos CA New Egg

Jul 16, 2011
    How beautiful! I love the curtains . . . Could it be that someone else loves their chickens as much as I do! Happy Clucks, Juliana

Last edited: Jul 16, 2011
  4. clairabean

clairabean Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 7, 2010
    Kootenays of BC!
    LOVE it!

Oour inside walls are painted a light, sunny yellow. It helps banish the dimness, as we have no lighting in there.

5. so lucky

so lucky Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2011
    SE Missouri
    That is such a great looking coop and run. I hope your chickies appreciate you!

6. Mama Hen Chris

Aug 24, 2010
    Peoria, AZ
    Juliana of San Marcos, CA :

How beautiful! I love the curtains . . . Could it be that someone else loves their chickens as much as I do! Happy Clucks, Juliana

Thank you. They are my girls!!! They love their mama for sure too. Almost lost one to a respiratory infection on Tuesday. Actually took her to the ER Vet at 10 pm. She was in critical condition. Her throat was swollen and she could not breathe. Dr. took great care of her. She is much better now.​

7. Mama Hen Chris

Aug 24, 2010
    Peoria, AZ
    Quote:I wanted the coop to look like a garden shed if in the future we moved, it wouldn't take away from the yard. My girls love their new coop. The are getting very smart and since it is cool in there, they hang out in there when the temps rise here.

8. BirdWalkFarm

BirdWalkFarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Juliana of San Marcos, CA :

I heard that wall colors can affect a chicken egg laying. Some colors encourage laying, and others slow down production. I just finished painting my girls wall Daffodil Yellow, and I wanted to paint a big tree on the wall. Has any one heard any truth to this, and can you post a link to the article?

My girls have mosiacs and bright colors .

[[​IMG]img][/img]
    [[​IMG]img][/img]
    [[​IMG]img][/img]​

9. Mama Hen Chris

Aug 24, 2010
    Peoria, AZ

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by