Murdered Marine with unborn child trial being held

smack.gif
somad.gif

I followed this case extensively while it was unfolding .. before they found her body, during the manhunt for him, etc.

I didn't realize the trial was now. I guess I know what I'll be doing ................................

............... off to seek links and live feeds...

~tg

In some countries, justice is swift.
roll.png

In cases like this, I wonder if the interval between the arrest and the trial are an attempt to let the potential jurors forget all about what was in the media, thereby granting the accused a fair trial because no one remembers whatever they might have heard! As you said, daily updates (even when there wasn't anything new to report), were on every possible news source at the time. There's no way I could be impartial on this one.

Quote:
Well, that, and the fact that he fled to Mexico in January 2008 and we didn't get him back until April 2009 ...

Last edited:
Oh, I understand that they don't try people in absentia (or however that's spelled) but couldn't they do anything else while waiting to get him back on American soil? I don't remember exactly when the Mexicans picked him up, but it wasn't long after he got there; they wrangled over returning him because they didn't want him facing the death penalty. At any rate, he's been cooling his heels in an American prison for almost a year and a half since his return from Mexico. It seems pretty unlikely that there was any evidence that took almost 3 years to sort out, before they could bring the man to trial.

Back
Top Bottom