Murdered Marine with unborn child trial being held

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Steve_of_sandspoultry, Aug 13, 2010.

1. Last edited: Aug 13, 2010
  2. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. If you ever could request jury duty.

Steve

4. texasgal

texasgal Brood with an Attitude

Apr 18, 2009
    I followed this case extensively while it was unfolding .. before they found her body, during the manhunt for him, etc.

I didn't realize the trial was now. I guess I know what I'll be doing ................................

............... off to seek links and live feeds...

~tg

5. Bunnylady

Bunnylady POOF Goes the Pooka

Nov 27, 2009
    Wilmington, NC
    In some countries, justice is swift. [​IMG]

In cases like this, I wonder if the interval between the arrest and the trial are an attempt to let the potential jurors forget all about what was in the media, thereby granting the accused a fair trial because no one remembers whatever they might have heard! As you said, daily updates (even when there wasn't anything new to report), were on every possible news source at the time. There's no way I could be impartial on this one.

6. texasgal

texasgal Brood with an Attitude

Apr 18, 2009
    Quote:Well, that, and the fact that he fled to Mexico in January 2008 and we didn't get him back until April 2009 ...

Last edited: Aug 13, 2010
  7. Bunnylady

Bunnylady POOF Goes the Pooka

Nov 27, 2009
    Wilmington, NC
    Oh, I understand that they don't try people in absentia (or however that's spelled) but couldn't they do anything else while waiting to get him back on American soil? I don't remember exactly when the Mexicans picked him up, but it wasn't long after he got there; they wrangled over returning him because they didn't want him facing the death penalty. At any rate, he's been cooling his heels in an American prison for almost a year and a half since his return from Mexico. It seems pretty unlikely that there was any evidence that took almost 3 years to sort out, before they could bring the man to trial.

8. Telamon

Telamon Songster

May 31, 2010
    I have no idea.
    dang stupid people, killing PREGNANT people! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

if there was a REALLY MAD smiley on here besides [​IMG], i'd use it.

9. turney31

turney31 Songster

Sep 14, 2008
    palestine texas
    What an idiot, turns out the baby wasn't even his.

Micah

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by