Murderous stray dog= heartbroken family

Discussion in 'Geese' started by cozycritters, Jul 30, 2011.

1. cozycritters

cozycritters Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2008
    Tucson, Arizona
    We hatched a pilgrim gosling about two months ago, a sweet little male, who was the only survivor of insanely thick egg shells. Tonight a stray dog went through two fences and killed our goose, and our muscovy ducks. We are devestated. Goosie was handled daily, ate out of our hands, and was a family favorite all around. I have been doing my homework and NO ONE has goslings or eggs available-- I know it's off season. I just really need to help ease my sic year old's heart break. Goosie was his baby-- he slept with him when he was a baby and hatched alone and has lovingly taken care of him in every way possible. If anyone knows where we can get geese-- pilgrim preferred and NOT and African or Chinese... I would be incredible grateful!

[​IMG]

Two months ago, my son and who he calls 'the love of his life'.

2. nurseshelly

nurseshelly Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2011
    Gilbert AZ
  3. Hot2Pot

Hot2Pot Fox Hollow Rabbitry

Feb 1, 2010
    West TN
    So sorry about your loss. Hope you find a new buddy for your son. Maybe two.[​IMG]

4. BorderKelpie

BorderKelpie Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2009
    outside Dallas
    I am so sorry!!

(The love of his life? How absolutley adorable is that!!!)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 30, 2011
  5. cozycritters

cozycritters Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2008
    Tucson, Arizona
    here's a baby pic of everyone who was killed...

[​IMG]

seven foot fences couldn't keep this predator away. I'm pretty positive it was a dog as my cat was sitting right there when I ran out and chased it away, and wasn't even worried, plus the fact that the only possible access point was on the porch right next to my bedroom, where I was sitting...

6. n4zty

n4zty Out Of The Brooder

Jun 22, 2011
    oh what anger that would give me if i got ahold of that dog i rather not say anything else might be too graphic to post.[​IMG]

7. Eroc1_1

Eroc1_1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2011
    Quote:I understand how you feel. We lost a female pilgrim, a male sebastopol, and 1/3 of our ducks about 3 weeks ago to 2 stray dogs.

8. Stacykins

Stacykins Overrun With Chickens

Jan 19, 2011
    Escanaba, MI
    Quote:Even if the dog did kill beloved flock members, it is up to people to treat the dog humanely still. So meaning if you shoot the dog, do so in a way that imparts the least amount of suffering and the quickest death. You make it sound like you would torture the animal before dispatching it, which is ethically wrong.

9. birdboy508

birdboy508 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 21, 2011
    east taunton
    i am so sorry you can call me at 5088849602 and i can give you somones number and you can call them.because they might have geese that your looking for.[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 1, 2011
  10. n4zty

n4zty Out Of The Brooder

Jun 22, 2011
    Quote:Even if the dog did kill beloved flock members, it is up to people to treat the dog humanely still. So meaning if you shoot the dog, do so in a way that imparts the least amount of suffering and the quickest death. You make it sound like you would torture the animal before dispatching it, which is ethically wrong.

as brutal as it sounds ur correct i havnt had to deal with any dogs yet but raccoons and possums i have dealt with lol dont worry ill speare the details lolz. anyways every one has their ways of dealing with predators eating their livestock i have mine i respect every1's way of doing it lets just leave it at that..[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by