Murdertown USA

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Boyd, Apr 21, 2011.

1. Boyd

Boyd Recipient of The Biff Twang

Mar 14, 2009
    MI
    http://www.mlive.com/news/flint/index.ssf/2011/04/new_york_times_article_about_p.html

FLINT, Michigan — A New York Times article published today described Flint at Murdertown, USA.

The article follows Flint police Officer Steve Howe on one of his patrols. It says:

Flint is the birthplace of General Motors and the home of the U.A.W.’s first big strike. In case you didn’t know this, the words “Vehicle City” are spelled out on the archway spanning the Flint River.
    But the name is a lie. Flint isn’t Vehicle City anymore. The Buick City complex is gone. The spark-plug plant is gone. Fisher Body is gone.
    What Flint is now is one of America’s murder capitals. Last year in Flint, population 102,000, there were 66 documented murders. The murder rate here is worse than those in Newark and St. Louis and New Orleans. It’s even worse than Baghdad’s.

Lol and we had 2 serial killers in the past 2 years... You guys think I am joking when I talk about my guns my god my glory....

2. KristyHall

KristyHall Overrun With Chickens

Jan 27, 2011
    North Alabama
    Quote:I believe you. My mother grew up on the Detroit side of 8 mile and went to the second most dangerous school when Detroit was THE murder capital of the US. She instilled the caution she learned there in us. Even now people think I'm crazy because I am so cautious out here in rural Alabama but the stories she told me.... *shudders*

3. Laurajean

Laurajean Slightly Touched

Apr 2, 2010
    New Hampshire
    You're in a mood tonight... between murders, guns, glory and creepy nightmare pigs... [​IMG]

4. Boyd

Mar 14, 2009
    MI
    Quote:I took my son shopping for his birthday (he is so hard to pick presents for..) and we ended up at the book store.. want to know what my 11 year old picked out?

SAS Survival Handbook and The Complete Wilderness Training Manual...

Yeah, I'm in a mood when my kids subliminally pick up on my preparedness and paranoia.

Oh yeah, we also rotated through a couple pounds of rice that was packed with mylars [​IMG]

5. Laurajean

Apr 2, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Quote:I took my son shopping for his birthday (he is so hard to pick presents for..) and we ended up at the book store.. want to know what my 11 year old picked out?

SAS Survival Handbook and The Complete Wilderness Training Manual...

Yeah, I'm in a mood when my kids subliminally pick up on my preparedness and paranoia.

Oh yeah, we also rotated through a couple pounds of rice that was packed with mylars [​IMG]

Why am I not at all surprised? You are? [​IMG]

6. GarlicEater

GarlicEater Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2011
    Gilroy, CA
    I consider paranoia to be a positive and attractive personality trait. You'll learn to also, in the coming times.

7. PineappleMama

PineappleMama Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:I'm giving serious thought to making that my siggy.

Boyd, hate to break it to you bud but you ever want a visit you'll have to come down here. [​IMG]

8. Laurajean

Apr 2, 2010
    New Hampshire

Boyd, hate to break it to you bud but you ever want a visit you'll have to come down here. [​IMG]

PM, we really think alike, I was just thinking the same thing!! I was going to suggest to garliceater to make it their sig line! [​IMG]

I was reading it thinking, "I don't know if I'm seriously disturbed or seriously amused..." [​IMG]

9. Boyd

Mar 14, 2009
    MI

PM, we really think alike, I was just thinking the same thing!! I was going to suggest to garliceater to make it their sig line! [​IMG]

I was reading it thinking, "I don't know if I'm seriously disturbed or seriously amused..." [​IMG]

what, that we are all survivalists in this family by design or pre-disposition?

10. PineappleMama

PineappleMama Chillin' With My Peeps

My paranoia isn't THAT noticeable... usually.... ish.

Example... tonight paid for an extra ticket for my MOTHER IN LAW to go to Six Flags with me and the kids because while I've got equal numbers of eyes and kids... the kids can go in two different directions... the eyes cannot. Large places like that, with two kiddos, just freak me clean out of my gourd. I'd be an absolute basket case just driving through Flint.

BTW tix for 5/5/12 11a-6p Homeschool Day at Six Flags Over Texas are still available online until tomorrow... type SFOTFAMILY into the promo code search looking box at the top of the SF over Texas site and it'll bring up the 25.99 (instead of $55!) tix option and also 6.48 (instead of $15) parking. Haven't been since DS was in Kinder... he's now in 7th... DD has never gone... so yeah, taking advantage of the price but too scared to go alone. What a maroon.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by