Murray "free chick"

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Thassa, Jul 24, 2013.

1. Thassa

Thassa Songster

Apr 6, 2012
    Adirondack Park, NY
    I'm guessing a he. Is about the same size as my spangled hamburg chicks (fairly small). Clean legs that are grey. I'm at a loss.[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. TiaRC

TiaRC Songster

Jul 16, 2013
    Carteret county, NC
    Possibly a blue Andalusian? Going to be beautiful with that blue trait what ever it may be.

1 person likes this.
  3. Thassa

Thassa Songster

Apr 6, 2012
    Adirondack Park, NY
    You might be on to something! I never even gave that kind a thought. Mouthy little one, thats for sure!

4. PotterWatch

PotterWatch My Patronus is a Chicken

Apr 22, 2008
    Virginia
    I got a McMurray free chick last week that looks just like yours. I've been assuming it is a blue Andalusian based on the breeds they have available. Someone else recently posted a similar chick they also got as a freebie from McMurray last week. Looks like they hatched out more andalusians than they needed!

5. Thassa

Thassa Songster

Apr 6, 2012
    Adirondack Park, NY
    From the looks of it, they aren't selling like hotcakes. lol I need to do some research on these guys, I know nothing about them. Thanks for the help!

6. TiaRC

TiaRC Songster

Jul 16, 2013
    Carteret county, NC
    No problem! :)

7. jujube2

jujube2 Chirping

Jul 18, 2013
    Hello Fellow BYCers.

I have the same issue with 3 chicks I received from McMurray. I ordered 3 buff rocks but only received 2, I however received a unique chick instead. I also received 2 additional unique looking chicks with feathers growing on their legs which I thought may have been the 2 free exotics listed. This has left me with 3 unidentified unique chicks. PLEASE HELP ME IDENTIFY THESE CHICKS! They are now 5 weeks with no identity. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    These are the 3 unique looking chicks we have not identified , there are 2 of the middle chick.

8. Thassa

Thassa Songster

Apr 6, 2012
    Adirondack Park, NY
    The middle one looks like my "freebie" from a few months ago(early may). He is still feathering but I believe he is a Dark Brahma and a nice bird. The other 2 I'm not sure about.

This is Scoops Maracas the end of June.

[​IMG]

9. jujube2

jujube2 Chirping

Jul 18, 2013
    Hello,

Thank you so very much! I appreciate your input there is only one other breed unidentified. It is so similar to the brahma, but has no feathers on it's legs.[​IMG]

10. Thassa

Thassa Songster

Apr 6, 2012
    Adirondack Park, NY
    Do you have a pic of them when they were little, little guys? That might help.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by