murray mcmurray auto door

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by Peeps38655, Aug 7, 2011.

1. Peeps38655

Peeps38655 Out Of The Brooder

May 25, 2011
    Oxford, MS
    Anybody else have problems with their Murray McMurray Auto Coop Controller.
    I have had mine 6 weeks and it has died.

Any troubleshooting techniques, I have already emailed mmmh & am awaiting response.

2. JRchickchick

JRchickchick Out Of The Brooder

Feb 16, 2010
    Eugene, OR
    I have had mine since March. I don't have an answer for you, as I was looking for some troubleshooting to figure out why mine has stopped working! You can download the manual, but it really doesn't do much for trouble shooting...I think I will have to email them! My controller won't close, I hear the motor or something trying, but it just doesn't. It's not so bad right now, but I have grown to LOVE not having to get out of bed so early in the morning. I still look to see if everybody got in at night, as we have some tall bamboo just west of the coop and the sensor. I did have to change the sensor timing, AND paint just under the sensor white, so there is more distinction of day and night.

Any hoo, please be sure to let us (me!) know the results from contacting McMurray about he controller. Thank you!

3. dragonlord483

dragonlord483 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 11, 2013
    perrysburg new York
    I have I think it the open sensor I put pen cap to help trying new idea

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by