Murray McMurray BLR wyandottes and cuckoo marans

Picco

Songster
12 Years
Mar 14, 2007
NY
I've been trying to locate quality marans and BLR wyandottes. Most breeders I've called are either sold out or asking and arm and a leg for chicks or eggs. I have found one place but I wouldn't be able to get chicks until mid June. Should I just order chicks from Murray McMurray? I'm wondering about the quality of their birds. I want BLRWs that have nice color and lacing and marans that lay really dark eggs. has anyone had any experience with these breeds form Murray McMurray? Please send any pics you can of adult birds from them.

We got cuckoo maran from MM and they are very health and nice looking birds the roo's are marked very well and have a very mild temperment. We order cuckoo along with 30 other birds from MM and they all have turned out health. Now MM did make a very bad error when they shipped our order they shipped them out to use a month early and most of the first birds were DOA they froze in shippment. But they made up the order and ship use a new shippment free of charge and they came out great. I would order from them again.

MX farms has beautiful Marans

http://www.mxfarms.com/

Here's my little Marans baby, Marguerite. I got her from MX Farms:

DSCN1990.jpg

I second MX Farms for quality Marans (he just does Marans and Welsummers). This guy is serious about his chickens. His birds are gorgeous and his eggs are dark!! I'm not sure if he ships chicks, but he has tons of cuckoo Marans right now. It's worth calling/emailing him to find out. He's very helpful and knowledgable, and was very upfront and honest about what I was likely to get in the birds I chose as far as quality and egg color.

I was just there this past weekend, and I brought home a trio of 5 week-old cuckoos. I'm in love.
love.gif
They're going to be really nice birds! I'll try to post pics soon, but my camera fizzled out on me last night when I was trying to take pics. His prices were very reasonable, though I'm sure (like any breeder) that he's going to be more expensive than MM.

Back
Top Bottom