Murray McMurray Crazy Hen Condo

Kung Foo Chicken

Songster
11 Years
Sep 11, 2008
Upstate, South Carolina
5hc_1_x.jpg

Looks like a trash can with a small fence around the bottom maybe 20-30.00 in parts. Couldn't ever see a chicken living in this.

The price they are asking is too steep for me, but the concept of being 'overlooked' is a good one. I got a chuckle re: their comment that it might be 'illegal'... there's always a market for ways to get around red tape issues.

Quote:
Didn't say I didn't like it. It looks too small for even one chicken to me. For 499.00 it looks like they would show the interior etc to show how beneficial it is. Maybe it is larger than it appears.?. If the moderators wish to remove the post because it may offend one of their advertisers that too is within their power. Wasn't aware that critique of "unknown of advertiser" products wasn't allowed.

I shop with Murray because of this place, if that makes any difference.
I agree that it looks like something to sneak a chicken in unnoticed.

Last edited:
I agree with Kungfoochicken. Those were my thoughts exactly!

Orbirdman--you make that chicken house? Whether you do or don't (or represent that company in some way)--people have a right to their opinions. And if you do, maybe it would be smarter to point out the positives of such a cage instead of being snarky to her opinion.

IMO it would not be humane to let a bird live in such conditions. It is like solitary confinement. Maybe... one step up from commercial egg laying cramped quarters (only because they can walk out and at least look up and say "hey look it's that sun thing - wow").

As far as the advertisers go, open discussions of products and product reviews happen all over the place. This is just another watering hole that consumers visit. The market dictates the prices. Obviously they are selling them at $500 or the price would have dropped. Not the only overpriced thing sold in this country
wink.png

I saw that . . . somewhere, not sure where . . . being advertised for 1-3 hens. When I saw it I thought it must be bigger than it looks. Does anyone know what size it is? Is it really what it looks like?
I suppose it may not be much worse than an egglu, but with a much smaller run area. I know it's advertised as an "underground" coop, but I can't see that it would help someone like me from keeping my poultry secret . . . I'd be letting my poor birds out to run from the crack of dawn until the sun sets because I'd feel too horrible keeping them so confined. They wouldn't stay secret long at that rate.

Back
Top Bottom