Murray McMurray Fancy Goose Package?

Discussion in 'Geese' started by Carrosaur, Mar 5, 2015.

1. Carrosaur

Carrosaur Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 8, 2014
    Nashville, TN
    Has anyone gotten this? What did you get?

2. Twistedfeather

Twistedfeather Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2014
    Oregon
    Do they give a list of what they can offer?

3. Carrosaur

Mar 8, 2014
    Nashville, TN
    They said they couldn't list them as individuals, so I don't know.

4. WildWestChick

WildWestChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2014
    Southwestern Utah
    On their website it says:

Fancy Goose package-
    Will consist of a minimum of 3 of the following varieties, hatcheries choice:
    Brown Chinese, Pilgrim, Buff, Roman Tufted, Tufted Buff, Super African, Sebastopool.
    Assortment does NOT contain all breeds, but will guarantee at least 3 breeds.

I hope that helps! :)

5. Carrosaur

Mar 8, 2014
    Nashville, TN

Yeah that helps. I was really wondering what people ended up actually getting, though.

6. WildWestChick

Mar 24, 2014
    Southwestern Utah
    Yeah I'm no help there sorry! In my opinion anything other than the Tufted breeds would be nice. ;)

7. Carrosaur

Mar 8, 2014
    Nashville, TN

Haha that's what I think too!! I remember when buying geese last February I almost bought Tufted Roman on accident...

8. WildWestChick

Mar 24, 2014
    Southwestern Utah
    Purely poultry has a fancy goose package

The following breeds may be included: Buff, Brown Chinese, Pilgrim, Roman Tufted, Sebastopol, Super African, Tufted Buff, Tufted Toulouse.

But they also have tufteds mixed in :/ strombergs has rarer types of geese for a decent price too. I wonder if you could request no tufteds in your order? Some hatcheries will try to work with you a little bit like that. Cause it's only 2 breeds out of 7, that still should give them a good amount to choose from. I dunno it never hurts to ask...worst they can say is no! ;)

I've also never been a fan of tufted waterfowl, I don't mind chickens with tufts but the other birds just look doufy to me lol!

9. Carrosaur

Mar 8, 2014
    Nashville, TN
    I al

I already ordered 8 geese anyways so it's too late now. I like the "normal" Hesse when they're all the same basically except for the colors. You know American, Toulouse, Embden, they're simple looks are the best in my opinion.

10. WildWestChick

Mar 24, 2014
    Southwestern Utah
    Yeah I know what you mean...I like some variety, I've got some Toulouse right now but I'm hoping to get another breed sometime soon. Not really picky about what kind, just something that looks different from Toulouse. :) and that's cool about the goslings, what kind(s) did ya get?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by