Murray McMurray is on "Dirty Jobs" right now

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by BrahmaMama, Jan 29, 2008.

1. BrahmaMama

BrahmaMama Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 8, 2008
    South Dakota
    I believe this is an older episode...what's really weird is, I've been wanting to see this one, and when I was flipping through and saw "Dirty Jobs" I thought to myself...wouldn't it be cool if that one was on..? [​IMG]

I can't believe how the "sexers" handle the chicks, jeepers! They handle them by the wings, and just toss them over into the boxes [​IMG]

2. Redfeathers

Redfeathers Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 11, 2007
    Gervais OR
    I know, it bothered me too when I saw the show.

3. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

I'd like to see it, but we can't get cable and don't have a dish either.

4. Nick

Nick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 3, 2008
    Mullica Hill, NJ
    Thanks for the heads-up.

5. Scrambled Egg

Scrambled Egg Flock Mistress

Aug 29, 2007
    Fayetteville, NC
    I have seen that one too, that's the first time I'd ever seen the feather sexing. Poor little chicks, they barely hatch before they get on the conveyor belt from heck...birth to box in ten minutes....

6. ilovemychickies

ilovemychickies Chillin' With My Peeps

That one is so sad! They handle the poor babies so roughly. [​IMG]

7. hooligan

hooligan Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 20, 2007
    Arkansas
    Thats why alot of ppl don't buy from hatcherys like that, its all about the $$$ not the treatment [​IMG]

8. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    It is sad, but there are worse things. When the commercial chicken houses get chicks they come in on stacked trays that look like bread trays that the commercial bakeries use. They'll have 15 or more trays stacked on top of each other on a hand cart. Each tray contains something like 100+ chicks with a light piece of cardboard covering each tray. The person unloading them simply rips the cardboard off then grabs the tray by its side handles and tosses, so the chicks are falling from a height of an adults arm height. They land all kinds of ways. :|

9. RepoBob

RepoBob Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 25, 2007
    Illinois
    Someone is always there to fill a need. Presently our society wants the best price not the best product. The difference between buying a shirt at walmart and bying one from the mens shop that used to be down town. Its kinda sad

10. CovenantCreek

CovenantCreek Chicks Rule!

Oct 19, 2007
    Franklin, TN
    Quote:it's probably available on DVD by now.................. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by